IW STi Forum banner

541 - 560 of 2503 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
well I loaded a basic cobb stage 2 map and the car ran fine. It hit 15psi still but then after a couple of seconds the boost raised to about 19psi. So I am thinking I don't have a leak cuz if I did the boost wouldn't be able to climb. I think I got a map problem or it got lost on the system. Pretty much I am running on whatever the wastegate spring is set at or the ecu is in a safe mode.

·
Registered
461 Posts
ASApilot said:
You can buy by the gallon(~$2.65/gallon) or buy the 55 gallon drum at Full Throttle Race Parts located downtown Nashville. The phone number is: 615-650-7999.

jj
thank ya:tup:

·
Registered
461 Posts
ride_the_pony69 said:
well I loaded a basic cobb stage 2 map and the car ran fine. It hit 15psi still but then after a couple of seconds the boost raised to about 19psi. So I am thinking I don't have a leak cuz if I did the boost wouldn't be able to climb. I think I got a map problem or it got lost on the system. Pretty much I am running on whatever the wastegate spring is set at or the ecu is in a safe mode.
cool..... try loading the other program back in to see if it takes. I had a similar problem with my 04 lighting when I loaded a custom map with a predator (sort of the same as the cobb). I had to reload it 2 or 3 times and then it finally took.

·
Registered
461 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #549
so, are you guys gonna meet to get these springs? lol......timmy, i'll be more than happy to meet him at the ohb exit on 24 to pick these up.

jason

·
Registered
461 Posts
05impreza said:
so, are you guys gonna meet to get these springs? lol......timmy, i'll be more than happy to meet him at the ohb exit on 24 to pick these up.

jason
I'm going to try and make it to nashville today to get some methanol. Does anyone have a free schedule to meet up to grab the springs?

-Donovan

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Hey Talleyd how is that new turbo working out for ya? How much of a power differance do you feel over the 20g? Where did you get tuned? Are you still running the same boost and how much boost are you pushing? Have you had any collapsing issuses from your samco inlet hose yet? Let me know man!

·
Registered
461 Posts
ride_the_pony69 said:
Hey Talleyd how is that new turbo working out for ya? How much of a power differance do you feel over the 20g? Where did you get tuned? Are you still running the same boost and how much boost are you pushing? Have you had any collapsing issuses from your samco inlet hose yet? Let me know man!
I just got the car back on Sunday, I live about 2 miles from Thomas. As I pulled out of his neighbor hood I half throttled it, all 4 wheels broke loose and the Wideband immediately dropped to 10 (thats bad). After that my check engne light as well as a flashing cruise control came on :)o ) so I drove it normal home. I'm going to topspeed on Friday for a DYNO tune to see what we can get out of it. I just put the Methanol in today so I'm ready to go. My first initial response is the car is making substantially more HP than the 20G because the car NEVER broke loose especially from a roll with the 20G. But we'll find out for sure on Friday.

How did the COBB reload work out?

Donovan

·
Registered
461 Posts
I saw a blue 06 STI with atleast an exhaust this afternoon on Wilma Rudolph (Clarksville) turning into the mall. Does anyone know who this is?

Donovan

·
Registered
461 Posts
05impreza said:
eric, looks like the date has changed and i'll be going down march 11th to topspeed for my tune
Jason, I have a Invidia header and Invidia DP for sale if you need them before you go get your tune.

·
Registered
461 Posts
STI JDM Pink Springs With Group N strut tops

Tim,

I just got a message from the previous owner. Below is the whole message.

olsaltybastard said:
talleydgrande9404 said:
Brian,

I sold off the JDM pinks and Group N strut tops today, but when we compared the strut tops to his stock strut tops you could see there was some differences but yet they had the same part #'s stamped in the top. Is this normal or did I overlook something?

Donovan

Donovan,

I don't really have any explanation as to why the same part numbers were stamped into the tops. I give you my absolute word that those were indeed STi strut tops purchased from Gruppe S, and came in boxes with STi logos and Japanese writing on them. When I compared the two, all I checked was the hardness and really didn't go into part number stampings. I hope that may ease your worries, but if not, feel free to call me at 513-836-7257.

Brian
Brian,

No worries, I absolutly trust you. I just want to make sure that what I have told this guy is the truth. I need to take some pictures of the car and send them to you, but it snowed here and I owe it to you to wash it before I sed the PICS.

Donovan

·
Registered
867 Posts
Awesome thanks Donovan!

Im gonan try and get this installed as soon as i can and get you back the other set of top mounts! While i have them both off it will be even easier to confirm that they are the real group n top mounts!

Tim

·
Registered
461 Posts
T1mmmy said:
Awesome thanks Donovan!

Im gonan try and get this installed as soon as i can and get you back the other set of top mounts! While i have them both off it will be even easier to confirm that they are the real group n top mounts!

Tim
Sounds good, just let me know.

541 - 560 of 2503 Posts