IW STi Forum banner

441 - 460 of 2503 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Lets do it tomorrow. I need to get the top hats back ASAP so i can get the REX up and rolling on the For Sale Block. My # is 931-624-6621

·
Registered
461 Posts
05impreza said:
rz,
eric has an appointment tomorrow. i'll be going down there w/in the next month. if you are interested in heading down that way either for dyno run, or tuning give me a shout and we'll make an appointment where a few of us could go

jason
I'm going down on the 24th, but I'm going to try and trailer the car down because I have some BIG changes being done to the car and I don't want to take any chances and popping something.

Donovan

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I will post my new numbers when I get back from topspeed. I was looking at some of the cars in the power club on the topspeed website and the was a sti with 400whp with a 20g turbo and the stock TMIC and the same mods me and josh got. So I still don't understand how he only got 365whp? I hope doug can get me some good pulls. I plan on going again in the future cuz I am gonna want more power. I think I will go up to a GT35R with a FMIC and a new clutch. I want 500whp but my end goal when the car is paid off is to have 700 crank hp.:devil:

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I am going to keep the map I am running now and have doug tune me with the new goodies I got, and another map with race gas for the track. I want to see what kind of numbers I get with the race gas.

·
Registered
867 Posts
talleyd said:
Lets do it tomorrow. I need to get the top hats back ASAP so i can get the REX up and rolling on the For Sale Block. My # is 931-624-6621

Hmmmmmmm,

What time where you shooting for?
This might be a long shot, but would you be willing to meet up with Jason (05impreza) in Rivergate and I coudl paypal you for them tonight?
I am not exactly sure If i'll have time to go up there tommorw. Im helping a friend clear out his headlights, but I know we can work something out.

Let me know when ya can!

Tim

·
Registered
461 Posts
T1mmmy said:
Hmmmmmmm,

What time where you shooting for?
This might be a long shot, but would you be willing to meet up with Jason (05impreza) in Rivergate and I coudl paypal you for them tonight?
I am not exactly sure If i'll have time to go up there tommorw. Im helping a friend clear out his headlights, but I know we can work something out.

Let me know when ya can!

Tim
I'm stuck at the house tomorrow, doing the baby sitting thing. I'll be around Sunday if you want to come down before the Super Bowl.

Donovan

·
Registered
867 Posts
Jason, You are the man!

As of now, Im shooting for maybe a Thursday pickup, so I can get to work on them next weekend and possibly return the mounts by that weekend.

Im not exactly sure yet.

Tim

·
Registered
867 Posts
Hey Talleyd,

I was just thinking. This might save us all the trouble in the world if you could just ship them to Jason's work. I believe if you can put them in a somewhat small box, it should be in the 7-10$ range. Gas going up there and back would be about 6$ anyways so I dont see myself losing that much money. Let me know if you find a box thats small but fits everything perfectly.
I'll be able to paypal you the 200$+ Shipping and i'll give you the 50$ and top mounts next week.

Tim

·
Registered
461 Posts
T1mmmy said:
Hey Talleyd,

I was just thinking. This might save us all the trouble in the world if you could just ship them to Jason's work. I believe if you can put them in a somewhat small box, it should be in the 7-10$ range. Gas going up there and back would be about 6$ anyways so I dont see myself losing that much money. Let me know if you find a box thats small but fits everything perfectly.
I'll be able to paypal you the 200$+ Shipping and i'll give you the 50$ and top mounts next week.

Tim
I think that estimated shipping is pretty low, Tell ya what. I can meet someone at the old hickory exit off of I-24 with the springs in the morning. 11:30ish

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #452
talleyd said:
I think that estimated shipping is pretty low, Tell ya what. I can meet someone at the old hickory exit off of I-24 with the springs in the morning. 11:30ish
that will work, just paypal him the money and i'll meet him whenever you need me to....that work?

jason

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Well guys just got done with the dyno and I was pretty frustrated with the results.:mad: This is the second time I have been to topspeed and I just can't catch a break. This time my turbo inlet hose kept collapsing everytime it would hit max boost. Once that was happening the car wouldn't hold boost so my topend sucks for now. They told me that cuz of the APS intake I have that I should switch it out with a different one cuz it was the reason my inlet tube was collapsing. Doug said it pulls until it get to the top and then falls off cuz of that problem. He said I could have got 380whp easily but he could only get me 360whp which is better then the 340whp I had before. I got 391 ft. lbs. torque which is better then my previous 376. The car pulls like a beast but to get almost 400whp I have to go back to topspeed again. I don't know if I want to keep spending money so I might just stay with how it is. [email protected] it, 360whp is enough I guess and 391 torque is awsome. Once I replace the intake I should be fine on my topend.

·
Registered
461 Posts

·
Banned
727 Posts
Eric, why not just put on a hard inlet pipe, that won't collapse. Everything else in your equation seems to be good, I'd resolve the problem directly not work around it. My .02

441 - 460 of 2503 Posts