IW STi Forum banner

261 - 280 of 2503 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
05impreza said:
if you want someone to take it to your tuner, give us a little more info on this guy.....no one likes a tuner w/o a reputation. what kind of equipment does he use?
I know this is going to sound like I'm being a prick but I don't mean it the way it's going to sound.

It's not that "I WANT YOU TO TAKE IT TO MY TUNER" I don't really care who you take your car to. Many have heard of Thomas Lewis with the red EVO from Clarksville that tunes alot of quick cars from this area. Give him a call and talk to him (931-358-0600). All I'm trying to do is offer a solution to local guys that may need some QUICK help to work out some tuning gremlins. As a matter of fact he's such a cool guy call him up if you have a question and he'll try and help you out over the phone if you want to try and do it yourself. Not trying to stir up any crap just trying to offer some info.

I have an 02 WRX with a 16G, FMIC, STI injectors, perrin rail, etc.. and he tuned my UTEC and I was very pleased.

He'll be tuning my 04 STI with a 20G (GT35R soon), Ecutec / utec combo, FMIC, 720 injectors, fuel system, etc.

He'll also help diagnois / fix any problems you may have. Very cool dude!!! He is ASC certified and takes great pride in his work. He won't hack up your car.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
talleyd said:
I know this is going to sound like I'm being a prick but I don't mean it the way it's going to sound.

It's not that "I WANT YOU TO TAKE IT TO MY TUNER" I don't really care who you take your car to. Many have heard of Thomas Lewis with the red EVO from Clarksville that tunes alot of quick cars from this area. Give him a call and talk to him (931-358-0600). All I'm trying to do is offer a solution to local guys that may need some QUICK help to work out some tuning gremlins. As a matter of fact he's such a cool guy call him up if you have a question and he'll try and help you out over the phone if you want to try and do it yourself. Not trying to stir up any crap just trying to offer some info.

I have an 02 WRX with a 16G, FMIC, STI injectors, perrin rail, etc.. and he tuned my UTEC and I was very pleased.

He'll be tuning my 04 STI with a 20G (GT35R soon), Ecutec / utec combo, FMIC, 720 injectors, fuel system, etc.

He'll also help diagnois / fix any problems you may have. Very cool dude!!! He is ASC certified and takes great pride in his work. He won't hack up your car.
So does he have an awd dyno? I mean if he is doing tuning how does he do it without a dyno? I got an alcohol injection kit that I still need to put on but I can't until I get tuned for it. Can he tune that for me? I will call him to see if he can work with cobb software.

·
Registered
461 Posts
ride_the_pony69 said:
So does he have an awd dyno? I mean if he is doing tuning how does he do it without a dyno? I got an alcohol injection kit that I still need to put on but I can't until I get tuned for it. Can he tune that for me? I will call him to see if he can work with cobb software.
Well, there are a couple ways to do it without a dyno ( I do agree that the best way, to a point) but everytime you make a change, are you going to run to Atlanta? If you do great, but if you can't I guess one needs to look at other alternatives. One would be with a wide band 02 to make sure that your A/F ratios are right. This is how most tune on a DYNO anyway. The advantage that a DYNO has is that one you stay in place while tuning and the other is it shows HP / TQ readings. Yes there are some other advantages such as being able to see what every LITTLE change makes but this is quite useles unless you are running on the ragid edge. How did Doug from topspeed
tune 10 cars in 12 hours (or something like that) in Florida? He didn't have a dyno, He did it with A/F ratios im sure. For those that don't know what I'm talking about, look at the customers testimonials on topspeeds website.

I'm not ditching Topspeed, but if your like me, you can't make down to the dyno every weekend nor could I afford it.

I'm telling you, this guy is sharp.

·
Registered
461 Posts
T1mmmy said:
Hey talleyd,

This is completly off topic, hehe, but I was wondering is the 16g the turbo that comes stock on the Eclipse GS-T, GS-X?

Sorry for random questions, thats just how I am

Tim
Tim, not quite sure what your asking. I'm not a mitso guy so I'm not quite sure i would know the answer anyway

·
Registered
461 Posts
Meeting Spot

Hey guys, I live on 5 acres in Clarksville (Plenty of parking) that I would be willing to donate as a meeting spot for everyone. We could fire up the grill have a big bond fire and talk shop for a few hours. Of course this would all be outside so we would have to do some weather forecasting. Everyone would be invited no matter what you drive. Let me know what you think. If there is enough interested we can set a date.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Hell yeah!! Hey I am willing to give him a try and I will buy a g-tech pro for the hp numbers if it comes down to it. Now the question is does he deal with protune software or do I have to get a street tuner program? Also does he have the wideband o2 or do I have to get that too?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #273
wasn't trying to dog your guy....i was just interested to see how he would tune the car....i know that you have to be a licensed dealer to have the protune software to tune our cobb ap's, that is the reason i'm asking, or would we be required to buy the street tuner???

anyway, i appreciate your invitation, anytime that we can get together on the weekend is fine w/ me, although i do work half a day most sat.'s

i'll give the guy a shout to see what he tunes w/

jason

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #274
talley

i know we are going to meet in cool springs the last sat. of this month for an awd get together.....let us know if your interested.....

·
Registered
461 Posts
ride_the_pony69 said:
Hell yeah!! Hey I am willing to give him a try and I will buy a g-tech pro for the hp numbers if it comes down to it. Now the question is does he deal with protune software or do I have to get a street tuner program? Also does he have the wideband o2 or do I have to get that too?
Just give him a call, I posted his # above. He would be the one to answer the questions you have.

·
Registered
461 Posts
05impreza said:
wasn't trying to dog your guy....i was just interested to see how he would tune the car....i know that you have to be a licensed dealer to have the protune software to tune our cobb ap's, that is the reason i'm asking, or would we be required to buy the street tuner???

anyway, i appreciate your invitation, anytime that we can get together on the weekend is fine w/ me, although i do work half a day most sat.'s

i'll give the guy a shout to see what he tunes w/

jason

Hey Jason, No offense taken at all. I was just trying to give an additional source to not having to go to ATL everytime someone local made a change. Anyway, he's a cool guy and I'm sure he could help some guys out.

·
Registered
461 Posts
05impreza said:
talley

i know we are going to meet in cool springs the last sat. of this month for an awd get together.....let us know if your interested.....
I'm definately interested, Give me the details and I'll definately try to make it.

261 - 280 of 2503 Posts