IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i can either get a generic cold air intake for around $70 bucks, or I can spend around $250 for a name brand one. Is there really a difference?

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
how about keepen that cash in your pocket and just perform the resnoator mod and the stock box is the best!

·
Registered
668 Posts
cold airs don't seem to be as effective as short rams in our cars.

for cold airs, if you want the extra 1-2 hp that a better design might produce, then go ahead and pay the money. but that's not much of a difference so it's up to you if you want to pay for it. For a short ram, since the air's not going that far, I don't think it's as important.

But, you may want to do some searches b/c some people have found that some companies have better filters than others.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I use the TurboXs shorty. It works well. I had origionally done the snorkel removal then went with the shorty. I drove it for a week with the shorty then switched back to the box for a week. then went back to the shorty just to make sure there is a power gain, there is. Then I did the same thing in two week intervals. Same positive results. I am very happy with it. --Sin52

·
Registered
316 Posts
Re: What do you think of this Photoshopped STi?

To make a long story short, there is improvements in power with the TurboXs shorty. --Sin52

·
Registered
316 Posts
Drew303 said:
well i can either get a generic cold air intake for around $70 bucks, or I can spend around $250 for a name brand one. Is there really a difference?
TurboXs shorty is $169. I don't work for these guys, I'm just really happy with the product. --Sin52

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
you have an intake silencer/resonator in the fender well that is very restrictive. they make an aftermarket replacement that is just an open elbow. it flows smoother and less restrictive

1 - 9 of 9 Posts