IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mystery: Why does the underside of the upper portion of the STi wing have a panel with 10 screws in it? What could possibly be the reason for this seemingly superfluous addition to the wing? It's not involved in attaching the wing assembly to the car and I doubt it was easier to produce then a fully molded wing. Any STi gurus out there that know chime in.

Feel free to post up other mysterious features here as well. Is there any hole or panel on the STi you just can't figure out what it's for?

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
I've wondered the same thing when washing my car.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Thats where you attach your JDM booster rockets.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
if im not mistaken they are for the rally style difusers that go inbetween ur wing like u know the one hspn has? :notsure:

·
pwn n00bs
18,247 Posts
there's a metal cable that runs through the entire upper part of the wing..

to get it through, well that piece..at least wtf else is it for.

·
Registered
13,137 Posts
DoctorSTi said:
Mystery: Why does the underside of the upper portion of the STi wing have a panel with 10 screws in it? What could possibly be the reason for this seemingly superfluous addition to the wing?
C'mon dude? Are you serious? That's where the gunkulator valve is and you need to remove those screws to perform maintanence. n00b.

:lol:

·
Registered
13,608 Posts
yakmasterjack said:
Thats where you attach your JDM booster rockets.
:rofl:

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
i wondered the same thing......

·
Premium Member
4,080 Posts
Garo666 said:
if im not mistaken they are for the rally style difusers that go inbetween ur wing like u know the one hspn has? :notsure:
ding ding ding ding ding

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
What purpose do the diffusers provide? im assuming it lowers the turbulance of the air going through the wing or something. insight pls :D

·
Premium Member
4,591 Posts
I thought the wing was around before the wing stabilizers were. Perrin just came out with the wing stabilizers this year unless someone else makes em that I am not aware of.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts