IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I originally lived in OC, CA and never had to worry about flooding. Since buying a house and moving to East Hemet, I've experienced some light slush/hail and a 24hr (on/off) rain. Been searching all over the forum and the owner's manual looking for what the safe wading depth is for the '15+ WRX/STI. This is my only car and already had to cross several dips with water slightly past the hubs. Does anyone have any info on this :confused:

·
Registered
467 Posts
I think the ECU is in the passenger footwell kick panel. Other than that the stock intake is below the hood near the front grill so you should be okay in terms of water ingestion for the engine . Fog lights are probably below the hubs as well. It's generally not a good idea to wade through deep water in general.

·
Registered
467 Posts
So in the case, water reaches just above the lower grille or just under the headlights, it should be fine?
I think I would only go up to the bottom of the front bumper tbh (6-8"). Anything higher and you are going to get water in your electrical system/into the car. Also the speed that you travel through water can mean the height is higher at the front.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts