IW STi Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How Much...

Sorry if this has been covered already. I really want to lower my STi but I don't want to hurt the performance a bit....Planning on going with a set of coil-overs, what quality brands are available right now for the new STi?

any info will be great, thanks!

-Tommy

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Dealer in Western PA

At this time, I'm sure you could find something that would fit the car, but as SCC's STi vs. WRXs competition shows....not even the hot US tuners can put a better handling package together than what the STi already has.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
well...it's not like they were tasked to out-handle the sti and failed. i'm sure the tuners could improve on the sti. at the very least, they could take out the understeer that is supposedly present.

hktsti, i'd like to lower a little also. a while ago, i asked a buddy (who has recently started an import speed shop) about suspension stuff for imprezas. he said he'd heard very good things about buddy club and hopes to carry them. they're not cheap, but i don't expect that *any* improvements on this well-tuned car are going to be cheap. it ain't no civic or neon. ;)

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
My point was right now anything you would buy to fit would be made for the WRX and not specifically the STi. From that you can really only conclude how aftermarket WRX parts perform compared to the stock STi.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
whoa. thanks for clarifying. i guess there weren't enough lines for me to read between to get your point. ;) i agree. if he/she wants something specifically for the *usdm* sti, he/she'll have to wait. if not, then since the sti has been around for ages elsewhere, there's gotta be japanese and/or european setups that would work well enough. (granted, our rumored "spec c" geometry is slightly different than its predecessors.)

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
This is true....although....are all the STi parts for the latest MY04 STi the same as the bug-eyes MY02 STis? I didn't know if the JDM tuners were retuning or not.

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
APS changed there suspension set on on there bug eye STi in australia and magazines commented on how amazing handling is at another level again... so there is gear out there.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Re: anyone doing bodykits>?

"another level". whoa! cool. please post a link if you can find one. i'll search also.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I think to "improve" on the STi suspension, you are going to have to spend lots of $$$ on coilovers.

I really do think the STi suspension will come alive once I get some negative camber into it...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts