IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally received my STi pinks from Rallispec on Thursday and my Whiteline anti-lift kit from MastroWRX on Friday. Installed them both on Friday evening. Install went pretty smooth, the anti-lift kit was the most time consuming:mad: . I took it for a test drive and all I can say is :lol: . Everything works great, the ride is the same as stock if not a little smoother and the understeer is GONE! I'll be bringing it to a friend tomorrow for an alignment. I'm a happy camper :lol: . Now for the good stuff, before and after pics!:D

Before:

After:

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Wow....she really looks clean now man. Congrats!

Let me/us know how she handles when thrown around after the alignment. I really don't care to lower the car, but I want to get a little of the lean/wiggle out of her.

Congrats....please report back!

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Mine Too !

Man you just have to paint the walls of your garage and seal and paint the floor; your Subi deserves a nicer home! :p

·
Registered
97 Posts
I am sorry. I don't see any difference from the before and after.. what is this STi pinks??? :-?

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
I think he lowered his car a little; but I don't think he took the pics from the same height or angle so it's hard to see the diff.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
what the the drop? just from the coil length difference, it look like at least an inch, which is quite a lot, which is why i'm asking.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
That's quite a drop. :) I would like at least a ride in your car sometime as I make some choices re: suspension as well... :)

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I think he said elsewhere it's advertised as a 1" drop, but it's closer to 1.5".

I don't think I want a drop at all.......but if those suckers firm up the handling, bring em on.

Any word yet SS post alignment?

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
CloNeGTS said:
I think he said elsewhere it's advertised as a 1" drop, but it's closer to 1.5".

I don't think I want a drop at all.......but if those suckers firm up the handling, bring em on.

Any word yet SS post alignment?
Alignment went well except for the left rear tire. I got the fronts and right rear at -1.15 camber and the right left is at 1.50, I need camber bolts to fix it but i don't think I'm going to worry about it. Toe is at 0.02 and caster went from 3.82 left front, 3.96 right front to 4.46 and 4.82. Drives and handles great, and my steering wheel is finally straight! :lol:

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Did this take any neutrality out of the handling? That's my primary concern with these....that the car won't be as flippable....big reason I'm thinking about the springs and not a rear sway bar.

M

·
0 Posts
Wow, that looks veddy nice. I'm thinking my car may have to start looking a lot more like your car in the near future (no wing, tint, slightly lowered).

Great car SS.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
ss. can you do us a favor and measure the wheel arch height so we know what the *actual* drop is? if you have the service manual, page FS-7 shows you how to measure it. basically, from the center of the wheel up to the wheel arch of the fender. stock front/rear is 15.2 (+/- 0.47) and 14.4 (+/- 0.47), respectively. (hmm. so it isn't an illusion that the front on my car looks higher than the rear.)

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
4MLA1FN said:
(hmm. so it isn't an illusion that the front on my car looks higher than the rear.)
Nope....it's really higher in the front. Looks like the fenders are just made that way cuz the car isn't sitting crooked.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Im definitly getting the "Pinks". ....Especially after I installed strut bars. The WHOLE package, man. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
CloNeGTS said:
...Looks like the fenders are just made that way....
doh. yeah. hadn't thought of that option. but it seems funky that the wheels arches would be as almost 1" different. maybe not. maybe most cars at that way; just never noticed.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Oh, BTW, Steve could you please give a little more info on your whiteline antilifts now that you've had them on for some days? I am considering getting them myself. What adverse effects, if any, from this mod? Acceleration, turn-in, wheelslip, compression/rebound etc basically does doing away with front end lift also do away with any desirable handling characteristics associated front lift? (are there even any benefits from front end lift at all?) Please tell me more.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts