IW STi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just driving home from work, had gotten nearly all the way across a wide intersection when this kid on a skateboard flies across along the crosswalk...I slammed on the brakes and came within a couple of feet of hitting him! Fortunately the all-wheel-disc brakes with ABS kicked in, since I didn't even have time to think should I pump the brakes or not, and luckily I just slammed on the brakes. I must've been doing around 30 mph at the time I applied the brakes, and I thought, lucky I wasn't in my Civic because I probably would've killed him or hit him pretty bad. :-?

S

·
0 Posts
740hp WRX in November 2002 Import Racer

Did the kid realize how close his brush with death was?

I was once a teenage skateboarder myself. I wonder how many drivers I panicked during my rides across town.

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He tapped his heart with his fist a few times and had a good scare...I'm more glad that I didn't hit him b/c I know my insurance would have to pay (unless he had skateboard insurance) I doubt that'll be that much of a lesson to him unfortunately. :x

I skateboarded when I was younger, too, but I couldn't even do a simple ollie so I gave it up. Taken up snowboarding and mountainboarding instead...but then I'm not likely to get run over by cars lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts