IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here she is. Actually not much to showoff right here. She looks just the same as another blue STi that you guys have seen million times. The car is now 1.5 weeks old, but the pictures were taken two days after she was picked up. She has the wheel lock & polyshield on. The polyshield is suppose to last for five years (they claimed). I hope so, even tho it doesn't it's still fine for me. btw, it doesn't prevent chips, u just don't need to wax for five years. She did look shiny after the wax was on, u could also feel the smoothness when touching her :wink:

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nice car :)
I got the same one only Silver Rims. With Wheel Locks, Turbo Boost Guage, secuirty and auto dimming mirror.

I'll have pics up soon. I just got some wire mesh stuff at home depot to make a screen for the hood vent.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
I think that 5 year wax is BS. I would still wax mine. Wax not only protects but helps to hide minor scratches and swirls that you will get. When I took my STi back to get everything done I actually opted to skip the paint protectant even though I already paid for it.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the same one only Silver Rims. With Wheel Locks, Turbo Boost Guage, secuirty and auto dimming mirror.
Thanks guys, I guess I'll still wax my car. hey Gone5150, how is the subaru security system? the sales told me it wasn't too sensitive. I didn't really know what he really meant, but I guess u have to knock your car pretty hard in order to set it off isn't it? btw, i thought there would be a lot of dead bugs and dry leaves on top of the intercooler, but surprisingly it's still very clean, I guess puttin' a screen on is something neccessary to keep the cooler clean too.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The security system is pretty good, when I was at the dealer we armed it while inside the car and then just slapped the steering wheel and it went off.

Bugs and stuff will still get t hrough the screen most likley but I dont want a bird or garbage off the highway flying into there.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Man, I should have gotten it installed at the dealer then. Now I have an alpine here and probably gonna install it myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts