IW STi Forum banner

161 - 180 of 586 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,810 Posts
Re: My 2015 STi Launch Ed.

I was going to replace my air filter but I just took a vacuum to it lol. I know some people would say not to do that but I didn't feel like it hurt the filter medium at all - I'll likely replace my air filter around 20,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts

i like what you've done with the car, and i am so jealous of that drive right there!!! I wish i had a road around here like that, it would be my own personal test track, lol. keep up the good work!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts

so it really need to trim the styro, huh? i was thinking to get this but i dont want to tamper any stock parts.. :D how about the rear cusco strut bar? same thing? needs to trim?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #168 (Edited)

so it really need to trim the styro, huh? i was thinking to get this but i dont want to tamper any stock parts.. :D how about the rear cusco strut bar? same thing? needs to trim?
Yes i really need to trim the styrofoam to clear the center bar, since this is a low profile design i opted for this for the stealthy and fucntional look. I did not get the cusco rear strut bar due to its raised position when installed and will go over the trunk liner. Here is a link:

https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/45757

·
Registered
1,397 Posts

Yes i really need to trim the styrofoam to clear the center bar, since this is a low profile design i opted for this for the stealthy and fucntional look. I did not get the cusco rear strut bar due to its raised position when installed and will go over the trunk liner. Here is a link:

https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/45757
no need to trim for cusco but will be visible, huh? i want stealthy look too. :D same on DC5 (both front & rear cusco) rear was hidden but no trimming req'd.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #170

no need to trim for cusco but will be visible, huh? i want stealthy look too. :D same on DC5 (both front & rear cusco) rear was hidden but no trimming req'd.
For the cusco rear bar, you will need to trim the left/right side trunk liner to clear the left/right strut bar brackets. At least with my beatrush rear bar, the trimmed styro center piece is not visible with the trunk liner on.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts

For the cusco rear bar, you will need to trim the left/right side trunk liner to clear the left/right strut bar brackets. At least with my beatrush rear bar, the trimmed styro center piece is not visible with the trunk liner on.
oh.. id rather go with beatrush rather than cusco:D

·
Registered
1,397 Posts

do you mind sharing the wiring? :D

i actually bought the bezel and switch a month ago and returned it:lol:

·
Registered
3,279 Posts

Almost 14k miles Oil Service:

[URL=http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc348/ajpogi24/Mobile%20Uploads/668407B5-03AF-4B67-8A05-9CF5A301C60C_zpsxvor0gak.jpg]Image Link
[/URL]

And also 2k miles (after install) brake inspection:

[URL=http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc348/ajpogi24/Mobile%20Uploads/088464DE-1E7E-4F9B-8D4D-18A3C3EFFE3B_zpsjkd0vemg.jpg]Image Link
[/URL]

**While doing the oil change a while ago, i re-torqued the LH and RH motor mounts and they are really loose! (This was mentioned i think in the GR forums about motor mount needs re-tightening). Tighten the bolts to 40 lb-ft. After the service noticed reduced low speed driving clunk in the front suspension area..I'm glad i checked this one..woot!

Are you tracking your car? The drilled rotors can fracture under high load/ heat. It's better to stick with slotted only. Just a heads up.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #180

Are you tracking your car? The drilled rotors can fracture under high load/ heat. It's better to stick with slotted only. Just a heads up.
Yes i am aware of the cracking issue with drilled rotors. No plans on tracking the car.

161 - 180 of 586 Posts