IW STi Forum banner

101 - 120 of 586 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Re: My 2015 STi Launch Ed.

So all the Cusco parts ... what is this doing for you exactly? Chassis stiffness? Are you doing any kind of driving where you are noticing the difference?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #105

So all the Cusco parts ... what is this doing for you exactly? Chassis stiffness? Are you doing any kind of driving where you are noticing the difference?
Yes for chassis stiffness. From where i live, i drive on mountain/winding roads everyday.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts

swapping my wheels soon..

on this pic did you purchase new valve stems and reused the sensors? did you reset it?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #113 (Edited)

swapping my wheels soon..

on this pic did you purchase new valve stems and reused the sensors? did you reset it?

Image Link
Yes i purchased another set of TPMS / valve stem from tirerack for my 2nd set of wheels and took it to my local Americas Tires to have it initialized for free. I removed the rubber valve stem and installed the metal valve stems.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts

Yes i purchased another set of TPMS / valve stem from tirerack for my 2nd set of wheels and took it to my local Americas Tires to have it initialized for free. I removed the rubber valve stem and installed the metal valve stems.

[URL=http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc348/ajpogi24/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsc7f1d200.jpg]Image Link
[/URL]
whats the difference between the rubber and metal valve stems? how much did it cost you? do you have the part # by any chance?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #115

whats the difference between the rubber and metal valve stems? how much did it cost you? do you have the part # by any chance?
Metal valve stem is more reliable and less prone to air leaks than the rubber valve stems which may have a tendency to deform due to heat/weather. It cost me extra $5.00 each(Dill). The set of TPMS 315 MHz (Schraeder) cost me $144.00

·
Registered
1,397 Posts

Metal valve stem is more reliable and less prone to air leaks than the rubber valve stems which may have a tendency to deform due to heat/weather. It cost me extra $5.00 each(Dill). The set of TPMS 315 MHz (Schraeder) cost me $144.00
i see.. ill just probably upgrade to metal valve stems but will reuse the factory TPMS though. thanks! :tup:

·
Registered
248 Posts

Dude, I'm clueless...can you upgrade to metal stems on existing wheels that already have TPMS or do you have to remove/replace? This is my first car with TPMS's...

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #118

Dude, I'm clueless...can you upgrade to metal stems on existing wheels that already have TPMS or do you have to remove/replace? This is my first car with TPMS's...
Yes you can upgrade to metal valve stem on your existing/stock wheels, you just need the tires un-mounted from the wheels to access the TPMS sensor. It is only attached to the TPMS sensor by a torx bolt.

·
Registered
248 Posts

Yes you can upgrade to metal valve stem on your existing/stock wheels, you just need the tires un-mounted from the wheels to access the TPMS sensor. It is only attached to the TPMS sensor by a torx bolt.
Awesome, thanks man!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #120

Just came in..a little late...but will fit my 2016...Superpro Rear crossmember bushing insert kit:

101 - 120 of 586 Posts