IW STi Forum banner

61 - 80 of 586 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Re: My 2015 WRB STi

WOW, looks so good and your right ajsti24 it should have been stock. Do you think its still possible to add mudflaps with this setup ?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #65 (Edited)

Have you test fit some or are just guessing that? I'm interested in these but I'd like to keep my mudflaps.
Not guessing, i test fitted a rally armor mudflap before and it has it's own bracket to install. These aero pieces comes with its own bracket and both brackets cannot be installed together. And also the aero piece is sticking out about 5mm towards the lower bumper arch, your mudflaps will have a gap if you install them. Check below and you will see what i mentioned above.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #66 (Edited)

Got some Cusco goodie from the Cusco/7L Autosport booth at Subiefest 2014
Cusco E-brake release button:
Pics on Page1.

·
Registered
53 Posts

Does it look like the rear lip will still fit with the aero peices installed?
Are you talking about the rear spats? Unfortunately no, it's either / or; they both attach to the same point on the stock bumper, one will not fit with the other attached. Not sure on fitment of the HT autos rear spats though.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts

Got some Cusco goodie from the Cusco/7L Autosport booth at Subiefest 2014
Cusco E-brake release button:

It looks like the new button can't be pushed in far enough to activate the e-brake release. Like the outer lip of the button will hit the handle before you can press it more than a few mm.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #70

It looks like the new button can't be pushed in far enough to activate the e-brake release. Like the outer lip of the button will hit the handle before you can press it more than a few mm.
I have no issues on releasing the parking brake with this new button, and it does not hit the handle when pressed.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #72 (Edited)

Just arrived tonight, more cusco suspension goodies:
Cusco Front OS Strut-Bar and Cusco Rear subframe member brace!
On Page 1.

·
Registered
19 Posts

Where did you get that exhaust it sounds great!!!!! And is it just the muffler!?? More vids please like some revs!!!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #75

Where did you get that exhaust it sounds great!!!!! And is it just the muffler!?? More vids please like some revs!!!
Got it from japanparts.com, and yes it is just the rear mufflers. I will upload more videos soon. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #77 (Edited)

Blue and Blue...Saturday morning meet with my buddy..his CT9A and my VA2 :)

Meets like this reminds me of my old Evo MR:

·
Registered
1,535 Posts

How do you like the 15 compared to your last STI? I owned a bunch of Evo's and an 05 STI and I really loved my STI the most as a DD.

I'll be in the market for another STI soon and was pretty sure I was set on an 11-13 sedan but the 15's do look interesting I'm just not completely sold on the look. I like the interior a LOT more on the 15's I know that.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #79

How do you like the 15 compared to your last STI? I owned a bunch of Evo's and an 05 STI and I really loved my STI the most as a DD.

I'll be in the market for another STI soon and was pretty sure I was set on an 11-13 sedan but the 15's do look interesting I'm just not completely sold on the look. I like the interior a LOT more on the 15's I know that.
These are my pros for my '15 STi over my old '13 STi:

- Heavy steering feel on my '15's is way better than my '13 GVF sedan.
- Less understeer when pushed in the corner, faster cornering speed.
- The ride is stiffer which is i don't mind (reminds me of my '03, '05 Evo).
- More added options like push-start button, gold wheels and limited units produced.
- Goodluck!

·
Super Moderator
8,810 Posts

Coming from a 2005 STI the changes are night and day, except for the motor. Much better interior (the seats still get uncomfortable after several hours though for long trips), handling is much better, all the options you now get (SI Drive, 3 separate auto modes for the DCCD, traction control, etc.) as opposed to the 2005 STI, dual exhaust (I always hated that the 2005 STI had single exhaust), and to me a much more aggressive look. I would not go back to a 2005 STI after having the 2015 STI.

61 - 80 of 586 Posts