IW STi Forum banner

641 - 652 of 652 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #641
You beat me to it haha! I hate the torque solution rear diff carrier inserts i have. Not because of quality, but because it seems half assed. I too had the idea of doing both right sides.
I have on order the Group N Trailing Arm Bushings. The Group N install of the lower bushing on the hub assembly looks tough and may do a split delrin bushing there.
Yes the rear side trailing link bushings on the rear hubs is a challenge to remove, attempted it before very limited space, back then when I was using superpro bushings, just did the trailing link front bushings:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #644
Finally got a hold of these JDM AC Center Vents with Piano Black Trim...Bye silver trim...to match my old JDM AC Side Vents in Piano Black trim:

To remove: The vent has four tabs in the back and the trim surround has two tabs top/bottom to pop out.

To install the new trim, just do the reverse steps.

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #647 (Edited)
Did some mod on my extra OEM Push start/stop button:, SMY Subaru Red Push Start Button Replacement

The kit includes a plastic strip tool, fold the end, bend, insert on the gap/side of the of the button, then pull out.

Insert the clear light tunnel on the red button, then push back the red button to the switch assembly:

Install video:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #648
S209 + Defi White Racer Gauges + SMY Perf Dual Pod Cluster:

Installed my old Defi 52mm Oil Pressure/Voltmeter Gauges:

Alternator out to make room for the oil pressure sensor removal:

Defi Oil Pressure sensor in:

Tidy up the wiring:

Start-up!

Short start-up video:

Now i can monitor the oil pressure anytime while driving! Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Jealous! Thanks for Sharing So much info of S209!!!

I copyed S209 wheel spec and I am in love and hate situation. So much grip but so heavy. What's the weight of S209 wheel?

19x9.0 +50mm Lexus RCF Front wheel
275/30R19

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #650
Did not get a chance yet to weigh the S209 wheels yet. I think it is about 24-25 lbs. each wheel. The dunlops weighs about 29 lbs(from tirerack).

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #651 (Edited)
Re-install my Old Beatrush Rear Subframe Stoppers and Rear Diff Mount Bush....no more rear end slop during acceleration!

Stock rear subframe stoppers out! The black rubber/silicon lower ring is a S209 specific part ST20176AS010

Beatrush stoppers in!

Beatrush Rear Diff Mount Bush In!

Thanks for looking!

641 - 652 of 652 Posts