IW STi Forum banner

641 - 660 of 672 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #641
You beat me to it haha! I hate the torque solution rear diff carrier inserts i have. Not because of quality, but because it seems half assed. I too had the idea of doing both right sides.
I have on order the Group N Trailing Arm Bushings. The Group N install of the lower bushing on the hub assembly looks tough and may do a split delrin bushing there.
Yes the rear side trailing link bushings on the rear hubs is a challenge to remove, attempted it before very limited space, back then when I was using superpro bushings, just did the trailing link front bushings:

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #644 (Edited)
Finally got a hold of these JDM AC Center Vents with Piano Black Trim...Bye silver trim...to match my old JDM AC Side Vents in Piano Black trim:

To remove: The vent has four tabs in the back and the trim surround has two tabs top/bottom to pop out.

To install the new trim, just do the reverse steps.

Piano Black Trim for AC/Defroster buttons:

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #647 (Edited)
Did some mod on my extra OEM Push start/stop button:, SMY Subaru Red Push Start Button Replacement

The kit includes a plastic strip tool, fold the end, bend, insert on the gap/side of the of the button, then pull out.

Insert the clear light tunnel on the red button, then push back the red button to the switch assembly:

Install video:

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #648
S209 + Defi White Racer Gauges + SMY Perf Dual Pod Cluster:

Installed my old Defi 52mm Oil Pressure/Voltmeter Gauges:

Alternator out to make room for the oil pressure sensor removal:

Defi Oil Pressure sensor in:

Tidy up the wiring:

Start-up!

Short start-up video:

Now i can monitor the oil pressure anytime while driving! Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Jealous! Thanks for Sharing So much info of S209!!!

I copyed S209 wheel spec and I am in love and hate situation. So much grip but so heavy. What's the weight of S209 wheel?

19x9.0 +50mm Lexus RCF Front wheel
275/30R19

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #650
Did not get a chance yet to weigh the S209 wheels yet. I think it is about 24-25 lbs. each wheel. The dunlops weighs about 29 lbs(from tirerack).

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #651 (Edited)
Re-install my Old Beatrush Rear Subframe Stoppers and Rear Diff Mount Bush....no more rear end slop during acceleration!

Stock rear subframe stoppers out! The black rubber/silicon lower ring is a S209 specific part ST20176AS010

Beatrush stoppers in!

Beatrush Rear Diff Mount Bush In!

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #653 (Edited)
S209 + JDM Subaru Power Folding Side View Mirrors:

I also purchased the JDM mirror switch and JDM Auto fold module to complete the kit:

Warning: Not an easy install on 2017+ WRX/STi's due to subaru revised/rewired the door side mirror connector to receive the Blind Spot Monitor function on the mirror lens. I think 2015-2016 Model years should be ok with this mod, just re-pinning only on the mirror side connectors. Next, you need to make room for the JDM mirror switch in the driver side window switch trim.

This is the BSM wiring diagram on the side mirror door harness/connector: You need to rewire the Light green wire/Black wire Pin#2 and #6 (Connector D5/D15) and connect/tap to the door harness/plug pin#25 & #24(D83/D84) respectively. For the driver side plug D84, light green wire(remove from D84 pin#14 and tap/connects to pin#25 (Black with red stripe wire) and the black wire(D15 pin#6), this wire needs to be cut from the mirror plug and ran a new wire through the door harness grommet(PITA) and tap to pin#24 of D84(Blue with red stripe). For passenger side same procedure light green wire re-pin from pin#14(D83) to pin#25 (was left blank from the factory), the black wire(D5 pin#6) same as the driver side, cut and ran a new wire through the door grommet, add a female pin and plug to connector (D83 pin slot#24).

Back of D83 Plug:

Back of D84 Plug (at this shot, wires on the top row of starting from left to right pin#23-#24-#25, 26,27,28) light green wire pulled from slot#14.

D15 door plug(driver side):

D5 door plug(front passenger door):

Now we are done with the car side wiring, the next step, re-pin the 12-pin JDM mirror harness plug to the USDM 10-pin plug D5/D15:

Driver side mirror connector (Left is 10-pin USDM, right is the 12-pin JDM):

Safety pin to remove the pins (push up the tab, pull the pin, then transfer to the USDM 10-pin):

Repeat for the passenger side, note passenger side mirror connector D5 is flipped.

Now time to hack my piano black driver side window switch trim (I was extra careful, this is a $160+ switch panel) to fit the JDM mirror switch:

Did a practice hack on my extra driver side window panel before doing my piano black window switch trim.

Illuminated Window/Mirror Switches:

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #654 (Edited)
Installed JDM Power Folding Side Mirror Auto Fold Module: Special thanks to SMY Performance for all my JDM power folding mirror kit parts purchase and great customer service!

Testing everything before putting the door panel back on:

My short video after install: Please note, auto fold module only works when you lock the car using the keyfob or locking the car using the door lock switch inside the car. When you start the car, it will automatically unfold.

Using the mirror switch to activate fold/unfold:

·
Registered
17 Posts
641 - 660 of 672 Posts