IW STi Forum banner

601 - 618 of 618 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
They say intercooler ducting has been improved and is better flowing. It has an STi part number compared to other STi's. Can you tell where its better?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #603
The red turbo inlet duct is made of silicon rubber and craftsmanship on how they made the duct is not that good, looks like patched up silicon layers. I guess function over form.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #604
Took out my left muffler assembly to fish in the harness for my JDM rear fog lamp install and reveals some of the "alteration" made by STi techs:

Left Muffler: Looks like the stock WRX/STi mufflers in terms of dimension/shape, i am hopeful there is magic inside this muffler to justify the $1700+ price tag for the pair of mufflers...

Rear Quarter Panel Wheel well was trimmed off and rear subframe support bar (new part# ST20157VV300 ) was chopped off: This is the one i saw on the s209 story video that they were cutting off to place the new wheel well liner.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I own 1, my current s209. The rest on my journal are my old STi's.
Oh okay....for a while I was thinking you were some collector haha. By the way, loved your 2018 STI and all the JDM goodies you had on that one. I really want that STI muffler in the future my 2018.

~

Regarding the S209 muffler. I think it's worth that price because we have to remember...all those little changes/parts add up in a big way at the end of the day so even if the muffler doesn't have a major change...it doesn't mean it's worth less. The engineering alone is why we pay so much for OEM parts.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
How are you wiring up your rear fog light? I noticed you have the switch for it. Congrats on the S209!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #610
How are you wiring up your rear fog light? I noticed you have the switch for it. Congrats on the S209!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! For now, i tapped power from the tail lamp side marker as i always do in the past. Will update the rear fogs using the switch later.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #611
Reinstall my JDM Transmission under cover, and flipped the draw stiffener tension rod due to clearance issue with the under cover:

Removed the front wheels:

19x9 +48mm offset:

Even the tire high point (Red Dot on sidewall) was aligned to the BBS's low point (also red dot on the wheel lip), i was impressed by STi Japan for doin this little detail to prevent un-wanted wheel vibration while driving!

Silver 6-pot Brembos with the Red STi Brake pads:

Front fender liner "alterations": Extended plastic liners attached with rivets.

·
Registered
725 Posts
So the pics of the trimming and rivets in the wheel well liners, etc are "alterations" made by STi for the S209? Or in the case of one of your earlier pics, alterations made by kiryu-kougyo Co, Ltd.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #613
So the pics of the trimming and rivets in the wheel well liners, etc are "alterations" made by STi for the S209? Or in the case of one of your earlier pics, alterations made by kiryu-kougyo Co, Ltd.
Yes, alterations made by subaru group's Kiryu-Kougyo facility for STi.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #615
Got some unexpected gift today from STi...Super excited....Opened the box and saw the "Kyosho" packaging tape, reminds me of my old radio control car days! Mini-me of my STi! Thank you very much!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #618
While i was doin my oil change yesterday, i was planning to install my superpro front sway bar bushings, i tried to push it out of the bar, but surprised to see the S209 front sway bar bushings has no slot or break in the rubber to slide it out, it came with a solid piece of rubber bushings part number ST20414SF000 ( i believe these are Group-N pieces), no idea how the factory installed them. I thought sliding them out all the way to the end, but kept it as is.

601 - 618 of 618 Posts