IW STi Forum banner

581 - 600 of 642 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Any plans to upgrade to the S209? You already have most of the S series bits (or equivalent) on your Type RA. Otherwise, you'll just need the new rear-upper draw stiffener from the S209 :)

·
Registered
367 Posts
need help where did you tap into the harness wiring for the drl
thanks
I believe ajsti24 wired them to the front side marker bulbs so that they come on with the headlights.

Here's a link to how I installed mine. It's quite a bit more complicated since I wanted them to always come on with the DRLs.

Nick's CWP '19 STI

·
Registered
367 Posts
The S209 parts are available. I figured you're one of the few people like me that gets excited over OEM parts :)
[url]https://parts.subaru.com/Subaru_2019_WRX-25L-TURBO-6MT-S209 [/url]

All of the previous S series parts are more expensive through the US dealers than buying from JapanParts and paying for shipping.

$2k+ for the S209's axle-back mufflers:
2019 Subaru WRX S209 Muffler assembly. Exhaust, engine, cooling - ST44300VV070 - Genuine Subaru Part

The flexible rear draw stiffener & guard bar (in the trunk) are ~$900.
ST20168VV000 - Flexible draw stiffner. Suspension, stfnr, rear, brakes - Genuine Subaru Part

2019 Subaru WRX Guard bar. Suspension - ST20158VV300 - Genuine Subaru Part

·
Registered
532 Posts
Looking forward to your detail pics and hoping the S209 axle back is the happy middle ground. There’s not a single aftermarket exhaust on the market that’s acceptable when mated to a COBB downpipe.

·
Registered
173 Posts
When I grow up I want to be just like AJ!

So did you get blue because that was the color you really wanted, or was this more of a question of opportunity and you would have preferred white?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #596
When I grow up I want to be just like AJ!

So did you get blue because that was the color you really wanted, or was this more of a question of opportunity and you would have preferred white?
Thanks! As for the color of choice, i chose the blue pearl because i wanted the grey finish wheels.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #597 (Edited)
Started to check out the features of my S209:

Trunk Area:

Rear Flexible Draw Stiffener and Intercooler Water Spray Reservoir/Pump Motor:

^^^Noticed the 3 dots/markings on every bolt and electrical connectors made by the STi techs (Saw this info from Rick @RallySportDirect) ^^^

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #599
First 100 miles reached! 100 miles of brake noise/squeal everytime i apply the brakes..priceless! And these Dunlop tires are so sticky lots or rattle in the wheel wells while driving due to picking up all the crap on the road..pebbles, dirt you name it!

581 - 600 of 642 Posts