IW STi Forum banner

421 - 440 of 616 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #423
Re: My 2015-2017 Subaru Journal

My Michelin PSS got a screw embedded close to the sidewall...non repairable! And tread left on my PSS is less than 5/32 inch with 22k miles on them(20k miles on my Launch Ed/2k miles on my Red STi)....ordered a new set of my old favorite sticky extreme perf tires...Hankook Ventus RS-3...Thanks to TireRack!

·
Super Moderator
8,810 Posts

Any reason for a new donut gasket for the exhaust? Just to be safe? I'm asking because I ordered a new one as well for my exhaust install but ended up just using the old one because it looked fine enough.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts

Any reason for a new donut gasket for the exhaust? Just to be safe? I'm asking because I ordered a new one as well for my exhaust install but ended up just using the old one because it looked fine enough.
Mostly for safe of mind. I went thru 3 exhausts 1 flange type, 2 stock spring bolt style. Both donuts I used wears away the same and still seals. 1st one used the grimmspeed adapter, 2nd one is stock dp to 3 inch cat back pipe with just donut no adaptor, 3rd one is 2.75 to oem dp no adaptor. Still seals with used donut.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #435

Just like tastetickles stated, i opted to change the exhaust donut gasket (although it is only about 3k miles) for a worry/leak free installation of the mid-pipe and also like you mentioned, just to be safe.

·
Super Moderator
8,810 Posts

Mostly for safe of mind. I went thru 3 exhausts 1 flange type, 2 stock spring bolt style. Both donuts I used wears away the same and still seals. 1st one used the grimmspeed adapter, 2nd one is stock dp to 3 inch cat back pipe with just donut no adaptor, 3rd one is 2.75 to oem dp no adaptor. Still seals with used donut.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Just like tastetickles stated, i opted to change the exhaust donut gasket (although it is only about 3k miles) for a worry/leak free installation of the mid-pipe and also like you mentioned, just to be safe.
Thanks guys, I kind of wish now I used the new one, it definitely looks a lot prettier than the old one.

EDIT: aj, I don't mean to clutter up your journal, but with all the OEM JDM stuff you've added/replaced on your car have you thought about adding the WRX emblem on the trunk that the JDM STI's come with? I've thought about doing it myself but didn't know how hard it would be to remove/remount the STI emblem lower on the trunk to make it look stock with the WRX emblem and didn't know if it would look good on mine since I debadged the Subaru and AWD emblems on the left side of the trunk.

421 - 440 of 616 Posts