IW STi Forum banner

401 - 420 of 616 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #403 (Edited)
Re: My 2015-2017 Subaru Journal

I can't buy the S207 here in the U.S.A., I am glad there is a way to buy parts found on the S207:

JDM STi Rear Flexible Support:

Comparing the JDM brace and the stock brace, the only downside, the connection to the rear quarter panel is deleted in the JDM piece:

Installed:

Left side:

Right side:

Center section:

·
Registered
406 Posts

What are those tension rods supposed to do? Do you feel any noticeable difference after the install?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #408 (Edited)

What are those tension rods supposed to do? Do you feel any noticeable difference after the install?
According to STi Japan/NBR Challenge crew, "if you apply tension on the rods, connected on the crossmember, the car starts turning as soon as you steer". Basically improving steering response and feedback. This will be the direction of my suspension build adding more JDM STi parts. I already noticed the steering feedback last monday when i did my back road cruise, i will add more tension later to the rod and see if will give me more feedback.

Here is their statement that made me decide to buy this part:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #409

Re-installed my JDM ABS Controller/PS Fluid Reservoir Cover:

Installed M6 bolt/stud:

Engine bay shot:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #410

The AC Evaporator condensation hose is dripping directly on the passenger side control arm rear bushing, i have no idea why subaru designed the drain hose this way. I am glad i saw this when i installed my JDM STi FDS right bracket.

Re-positioned the drain hose away from the control arm and added an extension hose:

All done. Now i dont have to worry about rust accumulating in that area.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #411 (Edited)

JDM STi Rear Subframe Front side bolt just arrived:

Stock STi bolt vs JDM STi bolt:

JDM STi bolt is about 1-3/8 inch longer.. Shoulder part of the bolt is thicker too up to the start of the thread...I guess the longer bolt the better attachment to the body:

Easy install: Lift the rear side and 19mm socket to remove and install bolt, torque bolt to 106.9 lb-ft or 145 Nm

·
Registered
3,320 Posts

The extra thread engagement past what's on the original bolt isn't adding strength. A thicker diameter does. Thread engagement depends on the material your threading into but a typical ideal condition for steel would be 1.5 times the bolt diameter. You have that with the stock bolt already. Perhaps the longer bolt is to mount a thicker suspension piece? The extra thread makes no sense otherwise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #414

Hmm curious about these sti bolts. Is there any other documentation as to what they provide vs stock?
The only documentation that i got is the information that it was used in the S207 and BRZ tS. I am sure STi Japan has the data for this part.

The extra thread engagement past what's on the original bolt isn't adding strength. A thicker diameter does. Thread engagement depends on the material your threading into but a typical ideal condition for steel would be 1.5 times the bolt diameter. You have that with the stock bolt already. Perhaps the longer bolt is to mount a thicker suspension piece? The extra thread makes no sense otherwise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes the extra thread is not adding strength, the shoulder part of the bolt is thicker and does locate the bushing sleeve much better. There is a JDM subaru lower stopper that suppose to be installed with this but i already have the beatrush stoppers.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #415

My Subaru Badge of Ownership Number "3" came in today: Woot!

And of course my JDM VAB STi Lateral Link Set came in too!!

Installation time:

Beefier Pillow Ball Bushing for all four links!

Lateral Link:

Passenger's Side Toe Link:

Driver's Side Toe Link:

Spacers included for the pillow ball bushing side install:

I tried my best to mark the toe link adjustment bolt the way it came stock during the install. If not, a trip to West End alignment to dial in my settings.

Thanks for looking guys!

·
Registered
235 Posts

Where did you get your center console shifter piece? Stock is a circle around the shift lever and you put in a rectangle "STi" one?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #417 (Edited)

Where did you get your center console shifter piece? Stock is a circle around the shift lever and you put in a rectangle "STi" one?
The shifter panel experiment/swap i did is from a 2015 WRX 6MT and fits directly to the STi:

And wrapped the silver trim with gloss black vinyl:

401 - 420 of 616 Posts