Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #384 (Edited)
Re: My 2015-2017 Subaru Journal

My first attempt in pressing out bushings on the STi:

My cordless impact driver battery died, forgot to charge it:

Manual turning is my next option:

Now for pressing the SuperPro Bushings:

My stock rear diff bracket and my extra rear diff bracket with superpro bushings:

·
Registered
665 Posts

I can't imagine that is actually supporting anything.

That brace supports the stamped section welded to the subframe which the RSB mounts to.
That mount can be nearly flexed by hand. Adding some lateral support there couldn't be a bad thing.

Hey aj, is that a Harbor freight bushing press? I've considered picking one up...

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #388

That brace supports the stamped section welded to the subframe which the RSB mounts to.
That mount can be nearly flexed by hand. Adding some lateral support there couldn't be a bad thing.

Hey aj, is that a Harbor freight bushing press? I've considered picking one up...
Thanks for the explanation on how the rsb brace works.

Got these bushing press from ebay. It is called Universal Press and Pull Sleeve kit.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #389

Went back to my stock shifter trim, vinyl wrapped the silver trim and added JPM coachworks leather shifter boot:

·
Super Moderator
8,427 Posts

I am still not seeing it provide any real support, especially on how the bracket gets loaded. Lots of braces out there don't really do much, but people like installing them, especially the bolt in parts.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #391

555 miles! "555" Paying tribute to the Subaru World Rally Team 1993-2003

·
Registered
546 Posts

Just arrived:

JDM MFD Hood with red stitching:

Tried to paint them but did not came out well:

Instead, vinyl wrapped it with gloss black 1080 film:

[/URL][/URL]

Curious, how is the black Vinyl holding up on the vents? I have been itching to do this!!!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #395 (Edited)

LOL Matt ^^
Here you go:
More SuperPro Bushings just arrived: Special Thanks again to [email protected] for best pricing-fast shipping on my STi suspension goodies!

PITA bushing removal again...

Special Thanks to subi114(Chris) for an awesome deal on the rear trailing arms and rear lower control arms!

Greased up the bushings and pressed in...

All done.

Installation time:

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #396

Moved the Traction control button to the left where the blank cap is located:
(Thanks to Blackalicious for asking me for a DIY mod, totally forgot to do this on day two)

Disconnect all wire connectors from the switches:

Trac button and blank cap, side tab on trac button is bigger:

Trim the tab opening to fit the trac button switch:

Re-install the trac button switch the modified tab location and push in the blank cap to the right opening:

Much better access to trac button switch :

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #397

Stocking up my JDM oil filters for the Red Devil :devil:

·
Registered
40 Posts

Love the build, all the great information. A few questions:

1. On your Launch Edition, you had quite a few Cusco suspension bracing pieces. You have gone with Beatrush on the Red Devil. Why the change? Dissatisfied with the Cusco? Just wanted something new? Some other reason? Also, any comparisons between the two, specifically the strut tower braces?

2. Also noticed on the Launch Edition you had a Cusco catch can or an AOS. Do you have plans to move to the Red Devil? Why or why not?

3. Are the STi Sport oil filters magnetic like the Prova ones?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #399

Love the build, all the great information. A few questions:

1. On your Launch Edition, you had quite a few Cusco suspension bracing pieces. You have gone with Beatrush on the Red Devil. Why the change? Dissatisfied with the Cusco? Just wanted something new? Some other reason? Also, any comparisons between the two, specifically the strut tower braces?

2. Also noticed on the Launch Edition you had a Cusco catch can or an AOS. Do you have plans to move to the Red Devil? Why or why not?

3. Are the STi Sport oil filters magnetic like the Prova ones?
Thanks again!

1. Nothing wrong with my cusco suspension parts, they are awesome. Just a change of set-up on my red one.

2. Not planning on installing the cusco catch can for this current build. Keeping the engine stock for now.

3. The STi oil filters are not magnetic. The filter media is wire mesh reinforced to handle higher temperature/load.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #400

My first 1000 miles on the odometer...

More goodies...

SuperPro Rear Sway bar Link:

STi Group-N Transmission mount:

SuperPro GearBox Cross Member Bushings:

381 - 400 of 631 Posts