IW STi Forum banner

181 - 200 of 586 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #184 (Edited)
Re: My 2015 STi Launch Ed.

Just arrived...Raceseng Translucent Finish Ashiko Shift Knob:

Special thanks to my buddy z3o for showing me this awesome shift knob!

Before:

After:

·
Registered
248 Posts

Just arrived...Raceseng Translucent Finish Ashiko Shift Knob:

Special thanks to my buddy z3o for showing me this awesome shift knob!

Anytime man, anything to help a bro out! And spend more $$$? LOL...You're gonna love the Ashiko, it feels 100% better imo...

Man you and joejoe69...really making me crazy with the gauge cluster! Looking great! I can't wait to do it, but I gotta pace myself hahah.

·
Registered
283 Posts

Always the cleanest installs. One of the few builds I follow on the forum, never dissapointed. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #188

My JDM bible has arrived! Hyper Rev Impreza vol. 10
Thanks Tanabe USA 😀

Something to browse on this weekend.

·
Registered
248 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #192

:tup::tup:Yep I saw that too! 1.8 quicker than the R...Nice!! I was gettin really tired of those idiot reviews like Matt Farrah's LOL..(lose 500lbs then tell us it's slow!)
That timed results shows the only closest rival to the STi (3:10.5)...of course the Evo X SE (3:10.6)! and nothing else. "It is one or the other..period"

·
Registered
1,190 Posts

What do you think of the quality of the STI sports oil filter over the Black Tokyo Roki Filter. I know you cant really tell by just looking at it but was wondering your initial impression. I cant find specs on it. Same size, internals look better? Also I noticed you have the STI coolant cap(1.3 bar) on the coolant resevoir. Any problems noticed with this as the original cap is supposed to be lower pressure(1.1 bar) than the radiator cap(1.3 bar) to allow the venting and recirculation to the turbo charger to effectively work after shutdown. If you shut the car off hot and listening to the turbo area you should hear the coolant sloshing around?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #194 (Edited)

What do you think of the quality of the STI sports oil filter over the Black Tokyo Roki Filter. I know you cant really tell by just looking at it but was wondering your initial impression. I cant find specs on it. Same size, internals look better? Also I noticed you have the STI coolant cap(1.3 bar) on the coolant resevoir. Any problems noticed with this as the original cap is supposed to be lower pressure(1.1 bar) than the radiator cap(1.3 bar) to allow the venting and recirculation to the turbo charger to effectively work after shutdown. If you shut the car off hot and listening to the turbo area you should hear the coolant sloshing around?
STi sports filter and Black OE Tokyo-Roki Oil filter looks similar in size:

STi Sports filter is much better due to the filter media is held by screen mesh as you can see in this shot:

Subaru OE Tokyo-Roki

STi Sports Oil Filter for EJ $21.67
https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/10210

Subaru OEM Tokyo-Roki Oil Filter $19.93
https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/18128

Both Filters are excellent, pick your choice.

I have two STi radiator caps one in the turbo reservoir and one in the radiator, performs ok to me and no issues. I dont hear any sound on my radiator/turbo area after shuting off the engine.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts

Gloss black it looks like? I am looking at the side badges from subispeed for my WRB. I was torn between gloss and flat black, both with red lettering. Leaning towards matt black but still not sure. Looks good.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #199

Gloss black it looks like? I am looking at the side badges from subispeed for my WRB. I was torn between gloss and flat black, both with red lettering. Leaning towards matt black but still not sure. Looks good.
Thanks! It is gloss black, matt black looks good too with red sti letters. I was suppose to get the oe badge from the hyper blue series today, i only got a part number but not yet available in my local subie parts store.

181 - 200 of 586 Posts