IW STi Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on the highway tonight (a cool 62 degrees), I dropped it into 4th around 60mph, and the boost was sustained at 17lbs. Car felt fine but a bit quicker, is this normal?

·
Registered
260 Posts
I had the same problem the other morning, it was about 50 degrees and in high third i was spikin to about 17psi, do you have a TBE and if so once you get a tune that should take care of the problem.

Mike

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
05stiW said:
I had the same problem the other morning, it was about 50 degrees and in high third i was spikin to about 17psi, do you have a TBE and if so once you get a tune that should take care of the problem.

Mike
Ah, forgot to mention that. Yeah, I have a TBE- would a cobb stage 2 take care of this?

·
Registered
131 Posts
dustybottoms said:
Ah, forgot to mention that. Yeah, I have a TBE- would a cobb stage 2 take care of this?

Well, to start, the downpipe is why you are boosting higher then stock boost. This is normal. A Cobb AP w/ Stg 2 map wouldent cure the boost 17+. I spike around 19-20 and hold 17 until redline. This is normal. The AP is just a quick tune and will cure most boost spike in the higher gears, and fix any CEL's. Get the Cobb AP so you can go Stg 2, you will be VERY happy. For a while. lol

·
Registered
260 Posts
Do the cobb with a protune bro, you'll be straight with that.

Mike

·
Registered
287 Posts
I use to had this problem before(TBE). And I decide to go with UTEC and get tune, but in the chilly weather it still over boost. So I decide to go with EWG so then the problem is gone.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Quick question...

Can you drive with a TBE and no tune for a little while, or is it a MUST to have it tuned right away?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Zach STI said:
Quick question...

Can you drive with a TBE and no tune for a little while, or is it a MUST to have it tuned right away?
No... it is not a must to get it tuned.

·
Indiatr0n in yo IWDPL
8,577 Posts
^^^It is a good idea to run engine management (like Cobb AP) though, if you want your engine to run well ;)

With that said, I think everything discussed in this thread can be found searching for "boost creep" or "cobb AP" or "engine management" or "creep" or "boost" or "cold weather boost" etc. etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.