IW STi Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I took all four of my wheels off yesterday to clean and wax them. Hopefully the wax will help keep the dust from sticking so badly. It took like three hours. :eek: I took a pic to imortalize the moment.

Also, get your sti's alignment checked. I went back to the dealer today and go mine checked because of the steering wheel being a bit off. The tech said both of the front wheels were pointed to the left. On the print out the toe did not look like it was that off that much, but the steering wheel is on center now and it seems to center itself a little better. Just an fyi.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
sharkypfwrx said:
Add one more to the RTP area. Blue/Silver. We should get together and have our own STi meet.
Shark
You should come out to the thscc.com autocross on Oct. 5 in sanford. I am not sure if I am going to be there or go to the drgaon meet in the mountains that weekend. The dragon is suppose to a fun road to drive. Congrats on on your sti

·
Registered
3 Posts
I used to belong to THSCC when I ran my old 91 CRX with a JDM engine swap.....they run some really fun events. I just test drove an STI today at Performance in Chapel Hill (they've got one blue/gold w/7 miles that's not pre-sold) so I'm calling the credit union tomorrow to secure financing. If I do I'd love to make the Sanford event.....it's an old airstrip and is one of the faster courses they run....lots of fun. May have the wife come too and run her Mazdaspeed Protege.....it's such a fun little car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got mine at Performance too. Are you dealing with Chris? I'm not a big fan of the dealership, but Chris is a cool, down to earth guy. MSRP, I hope? I got good financing through the dealership as well. I'm interested in the Sanford event as well. 935 mi. on the odometer when I got home tonight. ALMOST THERE!!

Shark

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Great White Shark arrives in Edmonton

sharkypfwrx said:
I got mine at Performance too. Are you dealing with Chris? I'm not a big fan of the dealership, but Chris is a cool, down to earth guy. MSRP, I hope? I got good financing through the dealership as well. I'm interested in the Sanford event as well. 935 mi. on the odometer when I got home tonight. ALMOST THERE!!

Shark
I'm dealing with Jamie at Performance. While I like dealing with Jamie I wouldn't buy another car from Performance. They're just not competitive enough at this point and I don't get the feeling that they value customer satisfaction as much as other places that I've bought cars at. My Silver/Silver is due in next week. I'm having my brake fluid changed out (putting in Castrol SRF) so I'll drop in this week to drop the fluid off and to check out the 3 Blue STi's they have on the lot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: AHH! NEED A BUMPER!

I've been dealing with Patrick over at Performance. He's been really nice so far and was really pushing me to test drive (try that with an EVO). They've got 3 blue STI's but 2 are pre-sold. They've gone one out on the front lawn that I was looking at that's not spoken for.....only 5 miles on the ODO. I checked with my insurance and my rate will only go up $50 every 5 months compared to the Honda Element it will replace....does that sound low to you guys?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Woops! The Oct. 5 event is actually in Laurinburg. mx 9 You will have to put a thousand miles on yours this month and come out.

stiski said:
sharkypfwrx said:
Add one more to the RTP area. Blue/Silver. We should get together and have our own STi meet.
Shark
You should come out to the thscc.com autocross on Oct. 5 in sanford. I am not sure if I am going to be there or go to the drgaon meet in the mountains that weekend. The dragon is suppose to a fun road to drive. Congrats on on your sti
:D

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I may try to attend. There's also a Subaru sponsored event in Laurens SC on Oct 11:

The Southeast Region of Subaru of America is pleased to host the 2003 Southeast Region Subaru Challenge Events. In 2002 we held one event in Jacksonville, Florida. Over 75 Subaru’s ran in the competition and over 250 people from Florida, Georgia, Alabama, North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia attended the event.

Based on the popularity of the 2002 Subaru challenge, we will hold three events in 2003 at the following locations:

September 27th - Richmond, Virginia

October 11th - Laurens, South Carolina

October 25th - Tampa, Florida

In May I had the opportunity to attend Subaru Impreza owner meetings in Atlanta, Georgia and Jacksonville, Florida. What I learned from attending those meetings was there are a lot of new people in the Subaru Impreza owner community. Out of the combined total of 80 attendees at both meetings, about 25% of the people participated in the 2002 Subaru Challenge Event.

I would like to take this opportunity to tell the Subaru enthusiast community what the Southeast Region Subaru Challenge is and what it is not.

It is…
• A Subaru customer appreciation event designed to enhance your Subaru ownership experience.
• An exclusive, Subaru only event. No other make vehicle will be allowed to compete.
• Your opportunity to have fun with your fellow Subaru enthusiasts and to meet some of them in person for the first time.
• Your opportunity to test your Subaru’s capabilities and your driving skills in a controlled and safe environment.
• Your opportunity to see some pretty tricked out Subaru’s and be able to talk to their owner/creators.

What the Southeast Region Subaru Challenge is not…
• It is not and never will be a forum for Subaru personnel to take pictures and record VIN’s to void future warranty claims.
• A boring waste of your time.

Please accept my personal invitation to attend the 2003 Southeast Region Subaru Challenge Event that is closest to your home. Check out our web site SubaruChallenge.com for more details and take a look at the 2002 section. It only costs $20 to participate and you will have ten times that much fun if you attend. Take advantage of the on-line registration and we look forward to seeing you in either Richmond, VA, Laurens, SC or Tampa, FL this fall!

Randy Reinhardt
Regional Fixed Operations Manager
Subaru of America
Southeast Region

·
Registered
7 Posts
loj68,
Insurance rates are based on lots of factors. The car model is only one and probably not the most important at that. It has been my experience that age is a more important ( rate relevant) factor. The most important factor is your home address, believe it or not! Where they think the chance your car will be damaged or stolen and whether or not you are going to be in that area is the most important with regard to your rate. I've lived at one address and had my rate be $1600/yr, moved 2 mi. down the road to a different zip code and had my rate drop to $800/yr. If you haven't moved, then the rate shouldn't be too much different unless the car value is much higher.
On a different note, I've been searching for all the people in the RTP area with STI's, WRX's, or any Subys so that we might get together. What do you think about a local meet on the weekend in a central location? I was thinking of just a meet and shoot the breeze, swap war stories type of thing. Any ideas?

Shark

·
Registered
7 Posts
mx 9,
Silver/silver was my first choice, but when the man called and said he had my second choice sitting there waiting I couldn't resist. So, are you going to buy from Performance? They always told me that they were never sure about what colors that they were going to receive until they showed up at the door. I guess Subaru is just sending out random cars. I was 11th on the list at Performance, but because they did not receive what people ahead of me on the list wanted(color-combo wise), I got the 4th car that they received. I was just wondering if that had changed, or do you have some special pull?
Interested in a Suby meet?
Shark

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
sharkypfwrx said:
mx 9,
Silver/silver was my first choice, but when the man called and said he had my second choice sitting there waiting I couldn't resist. So, are you going to buy from Performance? They always told me that they were never sure about what colors that they were going to receive until they showed up at the door. I guess Subaru is just sending out random cars. I was 11th on the list at Performance, but because they did not receive what people ahead of me on the list wanted(color-combo wise), I got the 4th car that they received. I was just wondering if that had changed, or do you have some special pull?
Interested in a Suby meet?
Shark
I still plan on buying from Performance. It seems as if the colors that they receive are still somewhat random. I was 7th on the list and was due the 'next' car in early August but since that time they've received 3 blue's. I did receive a VIN number a month ago but the actual delivery date is still vague. As of yesterday I was still on schedule for "week of 9/8". Since my original order was based on me having all the $$ on 9/19, I'm OK with the way it's working out. That's still my targeted buy date regardless of wether it comes in next week or not.

I plan on trying to hit some of the local events so maybe we can all meet up there. Since the weather is getting more tolerable I'll typically spend every weekend riding my dirtbike (that lasts until the weather hits the 80's again). BTW, I've never driven a performance oriented car so I'm definitely a noob.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hey i got a sti from southern states (the 2nd one they sold) blue/gold combo on june 3rd :D

i live in raleigh too, near wakefield, we should all get together sometime and have an sti meet and cruize :D

my aol name is: dafox869

im me sometime if u wanna meet/chill/cruize round in stis

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I just realized tomorrow is the anniversary of picking up my sweety.

Kind of brings a tear to my eye.

~17000 miles and counting. I hope it runs till 1 million.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Perrin STI Big MAF Short Ram Air Intake - Part needed

Wow, I was surprised to receive the email indicator showing that this thread had been replied to!

Marcus, if you WASH your car you wouldn't be able to tell it had 17k miles on it! :eek: :)

Congratulations on your one year anniversary.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts