IW STi Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
how do read those? how come theres 2 - whats the difference? wher'd you get the 281whp? on the first one its just a little above 300 and the second one its only right above 250.... explain to me plz? =]

ohhh wait.. is it when both lines intersect? am i close?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Very nice. Do they have the whp (uncorrected) numbers for any other cars that were dynoed on the same unit. That's the best way to benchmark IMO.

-st

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
choonzAWR said:
how do read those? how come theres 2 - whats the difference? wher'd you get the 281whp? on the first one its just a little above 300 and the second one its only right above 250.... explain to me plz? =]

ohhh wait.. is it when both lines intersect? am i close?

The higher line is torque, that's why its over 300....

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I'm going to have to get my butt over to MAC to get mine dyno'd. :)

·
Registered
858 Posts
FWIW, shiv/vishnu did a dyno day for his stage 1 kit for STis.

stock was under 220. with the stage 1 was around 250.

so it goes, you can have any dyno numbers. biggest thing is the delta value.

also, right where i was leaving, they were dynoing a z06 vette (IIRC) and it was running around 395'ish...

·
Registered
304 Posts
heh, yeah, its weird...youd think theyd figure out how to make an accurate dyno by now. horsepower is horsepower, when measuring under the same conditions on the same car, the actual hp value should always be the same, even on different dynos. this is obviously not the case though...so we are left with numbers only good for comparing against the same device.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
if you want to hear that loving turbo you do :)

Its the resonator in your intake plumbing (in the fender wall)

Robert~

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
TRM said:
educate a noob...what is the intake resonator and how do i remove it?

do i really want to remove it?[/quote

Silencer in wheel well in intake path. I haven't seen compelling evidence to remove it. I might just put a bypass in rather than suck air in from the well as most do. I'm paranoid I guess. The only aftermarket solution is overpriced IMO at $45.

-st

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
SPT springs?

I just sawed mine off and reinstalled the elbow. I was trying to fabricate something to cover the hole but said screw it after a few attempts. Mine runs great and I can still hear the bypass and turbo, just not a loud as with the elbow removed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts