IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, new around here!!;)
I managed to get a loan as i have fallen in love with the WRX Sti and now my dream is coming true.

The car is a jap WRX Sti v7 improted into the UK and only 11,000 miles on it. You gotta love jap spec as this beast runs at 310BHP standard.
However there are some serious mods done and its producing well over 350BHP.

Here are a couple of pics of my beast arriving on 23/08/03.

STATS:
WRX STi Version 7, tuned with well over 300 BHP, 6 spd manual,

Upgrade ECU, 6 speed, A/Con, E/W, P/S, ABS, Air Bag, driving fogs, pro-drive xenon lamps, subtle body-kit, WRC rear wing, MD/CD, O.Z. Gold Alloys, stainless exhaust upgrade, Intercooler Water spray. Rally Logos Japanese shop display car.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Looks like a Dodge Neon. :p

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looks really sweet, are you going to keep the stickers or?
Well i thought of keeping them on. Gives it a rally feel!:D What you think?

Looks like a Dodge Neon.
Is this good or bad? Not from USA but UK so unfamiliar with this car. You think Sti's v 7's look like dodge neons?

Also anyone help me out with what the hell this bodykit/front bumper is for the Subaru. Looked all over net and cant find it anywhere but it looks so good.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Looks like a Syms kit possibly....check out vividracing.com...they have a nice selection of body kits.

Dodge neon? Good god man......do you have no sense of history? You don't go talking down one of the elders! If you don't appreciate (not necessarily like, but at least appreciate) the MY02 style, you shouldn't like the MY04 either.

·
Registered
424 Posts
it has the worldone performance sticker on the side.. i assume if u go to their page you'd find mods n specs for the car

·
Registered
241 Posts
choonzAWR said:
it has the worldone performance sticker on the side.. i assume if u go to their page you'd find mods n specs for the car
yeah, that's Ivan's car. He's sponsered by worldone.

You'll find a list of his mods on worldoneperformance.com :D

·
Registered
125 Posts
Beautiful car, but first thing I would do is take all those stickers off to keep it low profile. Also with a edm STi what kinda octane do you have to use?? I thought those jdm and edm STi are supposed to run 100 octane all the time to get no det.?? Lastly that ver.7 rear spoiler looks awesome

·
Registered
389 Posts
Are those front air dams actually functional is say helping to keep the brakes cool?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wewu said:
Beautiful car, but first thing I would do is take all those stickers off to keep it low profile. Also with a edm STi what kinda octane do you have to use?? I thought those jdm and edm STi are supposed to run 100 octane all the time to get no det.?? Lastly that ver.7 rear spoiler looks awesome
Im kinda liking the stickers now as it looks a little different with em on and a bit more rally style too. :)

Yes you are right, im pretty sure the upgraded ECU is configured for 100 Octane Unleaded.
Unfortunatley the best petrol i can get with the highest Octane level is Shell Optimax here in the UK with a rating of 98.9 Octane.
Its almost 100 Octane and about 1% off so should i continue with putting Octane booster in or will it be fine being this close to 100 Octane anyways?
I wish Shell would release there V-Power over here in the UK like they have done in Germany with 100 Octane level.
Then i would not have to worry at all.

Also that spoiler is a carbon fibre unit and ive never seen one like it before. It is also adjustable to 3 different downforces... :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RS WRC said:
I believe I've seen your car's photos on the net some time ago...
These pics looks like they are taken in Japan, did you go there pick-up?
The photos were taken in Kent UK (near London) and i had the car delivered to my house on a truck because it would of cost me over £140 in petrol to drive the car back.
Also it looked nice with the car pulling up on the truck in the middle of the street.
Bet the neighbours chins were waggling about it when it arrived!! :D lol

You say that you may of seen this car on the net some time ago...
Would be nice if it was the same car and if i could find out who owned it before me. I could then get some specs as at the moment i only have a slight information on the car modifications and history and would love to know more.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, Im a new member and a new owner (5 days) of a bug eyed Scoob........ Japanese one at that. Im living in Japan and bought the Prodrive version (Nov 2001 model) in blue with only 7105km (4440miles approx) I havent stopped smiling since I bought her :lol: . She has Ohlins struts (lowered about 35mm), 120mm diam STi Prodrive muffler, boost controller, and being a Prodrive version she also has the roof vent....which I will soon cover with the scoop...it will look so damn good!!
Oh one last thing, shes been de-limited!! (Incidentally, the Japanese specs standard power is 280ps which is about 270 something Bhp.) Im not sure about 310Bhp?
Your car looks great I would keep the stickers, its more individual, unless you dont like being looked at....although that happens with or without the stickers in the STi.
I think your rear wing is an after market part. I know they made an adjustable wing for the 22B in Japan and the UK, but that was for the STi 6. It does look good though!
Other than that your car looks standard STi except for those little clear plastic bumper strips on the front and rear corners. I think they are a good idea but they look a little strange.
I hope you enjoy your car, and I hope nobody steals it as I know what the UK is like for desirable cars.
By the way is the interior standard or did the previous owner add a roll cage etc?

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
in the second picture you posted, is that a little mini cooper coming at u in the background on the left? just noticed it and thought maybe u should race it just for fun :D the guy would be like :eek: :cry:

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
thats a nissan i think, i think the model is called 1 or one... something like that...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
brickie said:
Hi, Im a new member and a new owner (5 days) of a bug eyed Scoob........ Japanese one at that. Im living in Japan and bought the Prodrive version (Nov 2001 model) in blue with only 7105km (4440miles approx) I havent stopped smiling since I bought her :lol: . She has Ohlins struts (lowered about 35mm), 120mm diam STi Prodrive muffler, boost controller, and being a Prodrive version she also has the roof vent....which I will soon cover with the scoop...it will look so damn good!!
Oh one last thing, shes been de-limited!! (Incidentally, the Japanese specs standard power is 280ps which is about 270 something Bhp.) Im not sure about 310Bhp?
Your car looks great I would keep the stickers, its more individual, unless you dont like being looked at....although that happens with or without the stickers in the STi.
I think your rear wing is an after market part. I know they made an adjustable wing for the 22B in Japan and the UK, but that was for the STi 6. It does look good though!
Other than that your car looks standard STi except for those little clear plastic bumper strips on the front and rear corners. I think they are a good idea but they look a little strange.
I hope you enjoy your car, and I hope nobody steals it as I know what the UK is like for desirable cars.
By the way is the interior standard or did the previous owner add a roll cage etc?
Sorry for the late replys but i had a HD failure and i lost everything including this forum addy. ;)

Anyways thanks for the comments brickie and i think the BHP on jap versions are rumoured to be around 280PS but thats the japanese gentlemens agreement among jap manufacturers but im sure they are more than this but they dont state it. ;)
By the way your car looks truly mint!!! ;)

As for my car its running with an upgraded ECU (Prova Product of Nurburgring ECU) and its pusinhg nearer 350 or so i think.

Also on a sad note i have had the car vandalised 4 times in 4 months. Twice with car owners opening their doors into the side of my doors and another which i saw a guy actually open his door full pelt into the side of mine on purpose while i was watching him on my break at work but i lost him in a chase for the idiot and the last time it was vandalised someone put paint thinners down the side of the car.
Here is the damage on the car now:

I also have some more good photos below of the car before the thinners went down the side.
Oh and please can anyone tell me what these blue electric wires are in the engine bay in the first photo below and what they are for and what they are called and what purpose they serve by being there if any?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Correct me if i'm wrong, but the blue wires are probably a grounding kit, suppose to evenly ground all the components in the engine bay, thus giving you a smoother idle. BTW sweet ride, and sorry to hear about the damage, jealousy is a b****.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts