IW STi Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
turbo timer

Picked up my silver/silver STi last night... Going through the angst of break-in and shifting at 4000rpms. ;) Here are some pics;

-Mike-

·
Registered
424 Posts
here's how to evade the cops :)

whoa.. thats the stock boostgauge? i thought they came in with green lights.? congrats btw, she's a beauty

·
Registered
85 Posts
Nice car :)

I dont know the exact technical words for it but are the bar between the shocktowers and the turbo pressure gauge an original item?

What kind of tires are on it?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the compliments. :)

That boost gauge is not the stock one. It is a replacement 45mm Omori mechanical boost gauge. The stock one lights up white, and reads in mpa. This one has a red needle, red backlight, reads in psi, and fits easily in the stock boost gauge spot. It does block the ambient temperature readout, however (but it's not like I stare at that anyway).

viking067: The strut tower brace is a replica STi bar. It fits easily once you remove the a/c bracket. You can find it from a variety of online vendors. Tires are the stock RE070s.

-Mike-

·
Registered
146 Posts
Very nice! Hey Mike are those the mats from cc-b? If not then where did you pick them up and how do you like them? Same question about your dead pedal.

·
Registered
30 Posts
could someone explain the difference (accuracy, reliability...) between the Omori mechanical and electronical boost gauge.

thanks

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
prost893 said:
Very nice! Hey Mike are those the mats from cc-b? If not then where did you pick them up and how do you like them? Same question about your dead pedal.
Yes, those are the cc-b.com mats. The material of the mats looks of higher quality/durability than the standard WRX mats (the material is more like the blue carpeting in the STi). The dead pedal is the one autospeedperformance.com sells.

-Mike-

·
Registered
75 Posts
FS: Alpine Amp, Sub with box, STi Gas Cap and Titanium Shift

silver/silver is by far the best choice. good choice! nice car 8)

·
Registered
1 Posts
New STi for me

Where did you buy the gauge from... did you install it yourself by just removing the stock gauge??

Vince

1 - 13 of 13 Posts