IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought I would make one of these to have for my slow build lol.

Background I have built a few different cars and owned many, always loved Subarus I bought one new in 08 a wrx. I had Miatas most of the last 10 years with the last one being a NC that was boosted I built and was a blast, however I am 6'3 and I just never drove it that much because of that.

I had been researching what I wanted to move onto and I drove them all, I thought about a Camaro or Vette but my heart was not in those. I quickly narrowed down to a Golf R and a STI, I loved the Golf having a VW before but is was just too mellow for me. The STI has had my heart since I first sat in one back in 04 and especially in 07 when I seen a white Hawkeye. Fast forward a bit and and I started focusing on a sti and once I seen the series white I knew that was it

On to the series white, I picked it up Jun 1 after finding one fresh off the truck it had been there long enough to have the inspection done that's it lol. I plan on keeping the exterior and interior oem+ for the most part because the car as it sits to me is great and unique. I will up the power at some point and change some things in the suspension. Mainly I have been focusing on detailing the car for now fixing the small imperfections here and there.

Mods so far
Cobb access port
Cobb Redline intake
STI short throw
APR Carbon fiber shroud
OLM LEDs inside and out
15% tint all around
Billetworkz Delete
Billetworkz Series White Badge
Remark Midpipe
Remark Deletes
STI Oil cap
STI Trunk finish
STI Radiator cap
STI Carbon Trunk Trim
JDM STI shift knob.
OLM Carbon Ruf Spoiler
SubieTray

Plans
Cobb downpipe
Cobb fueling kit
Cobb FMIC further down the road.
IAG aos
Cylinder 4 cooling mod
Assortment of Super pro goodies.
Full STI lips all around.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
The wheels on the Series White, Type RA & S209 are what I really want but no where to be found

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Added the STI Oil cap, rear Carbon Trunk Trim and a OLM Carbon Ruf Spoiler also have the STI Radiator cap my wife got all this for my bday since she knows I love OEM plus lol.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Added the Cobb redline intake and access port to the series white, car is right at a year old now and has been flawless.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I think next on my list is going to be more JDM STI goodies, the front sti strut bar, STI rear sub-frame support and the draw stiffener.
Also gonna look into a AOS and the cylinder 4 cooling mod at some point.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I like where this is going! Very jealous that you were able to take the car out on tail of the dragon. Ive herd its one of the best twisty windy roads to take any car on. Some have said its similar to The Hawks Nest but way better and alot longer. Ive always wanted to go but unfortunatly Tail of the Dragon is roughly 12hrs away from me 😥

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I like where this is going! Very jealous that you were able to take the car out on tail of the dragon. Ive herd its one of the best twisty windy roads to take any car on. Some have said its similar to The Hawks Nest but way better and alot longer. Ive always wanted to go but unfortunatly Tail of the Dragon is roughly 12hrs away from me 😥
Yea it was a blast, the car is well beyond my abilities so I was never anywhere close to the limit. These cars are great for up there because you don't need crazy hp to have a blast nor could you really use it up there, I hardly got out of second gear lol.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Forgot to add this but I also did a 1 step polish on the car and wheels off ceramic coating. Some of the carbon fiber pieces are fusso coat. The seats have colourlock on them.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
I am planning a trip from Michigan to Tail of the Dragon 4th of July weekend. It will be my first time going there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am planning a trip from Michigan to Tail of the Dragon 4th of July weekend. It will be my first time going there.
Hit up the tapoco tavern when your up there, also Bryson city is not far from there ether, good food and beer can be had at both places.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts