IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's actually very comfortable and does not get so hot in the sun. It the new Totsubo knob(also in black)FYI.

Also installed the Informeter. It just plugs into the OBD and you mount it where you want to. Then you can monitor things like water temp, boost, A/F ratio, injectors, Waste gate duty, RPM, speed, Intake temp, timing, Etc...You can change colors, and how many parameters you wnat to monitor(up to 6) at a time. You can also select sytle of gauge/monitor such as bar graph, numerical or dial.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
But, does it use teh subaru specific com protocol to get full speed and all the functions?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Both the knob(Totsubo) and the Greddy Informeter were purchased from Ferdie at South Coast Performance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But, does it use teh subaru specific com protocol to get full speed and all the functions?
And there is no delay in reading information.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
how heavy is the shift knob compared to the stock one?
It's actually much lighter than stock, which is fine with me. I dont buy in to the weight helping your shift's thing, especialy with the Cobb SS. Plus is very comfortable in your hand and it does not get so hot in the sun.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^^^NO. It gets its power from the OBD. The adapter is for other makes and models.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Does it read oil pressure and temperature? ....I ask because I'm not sure if the OEM ECU reads those or not.

Where is the intake temp sensor located on the car? This little device might be worth it for that and the timing readings alone.

·
Premium Member
4,416 Posts
Mykl said:
Does it read oil pressure and temperature? ....I ask because I'm not sure if the OEM ECU reads those or not.

Where is the intake temp sensor located on the car? This little device might be worth it for that and the timing readings alone.
The ECU doesn't read oil pressure and temperature (and there are no sensors for that information on the car). The car does have a oil pressure SWITCH. But, that is it.

t

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Wait, it gets power from the OBD II? That would make installing it soo much easier than I thought.

I'll be picking mine up (used) on Saturday and I'll have a full review sometime next week. Tell me what you guys want in the review. I already plan on making a test video of digital boost vs my omori mech boost gauge.

·
Super Moderator
1,391 Posts
sti robot said:
Wait, it gets power from the OBD II? That would make installing it soo much easier than I thought.

I'll be picking mine up (used) on Saturday and I'll have a full review sometime next week. Tell me what you guys want in the review. I already plan on making a test video of digital boost vs my omori mech boost gauge.
Awesome, that would be great. Looking forward...

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Update.

I don't believe it gets power from the OBD II plug but from a cig lighter (12v) source. I belive it gets power from the nissan diagnostic port from older nissans. (http://www.greddy.com/img/PHP/products/pdf/684.pdf) I plan on taping an unused fuse from the fuse box and basically putting in another 12v plug under the dash.

There is this thread (http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26974) on legacygt that has some good info on the device. I'll pick it up at 4pm EST this Saturday (yeah I'm excited). I plan on running it through its paces. I'll do the best I can for sampling comparisons. One of this big things with these obd sensors is the sample rate is usually crappy. For this reason, I plan on doing three videos. 1)mech boost vs ecu boost 2)dash rpm vs ecu rpm 3)dash speed vs ecu speed. I'll also make a list of functions that work and don't work plus a little about my install. Expect pictures and wordiness. I know that the device does allow you to select the make of car you have so, hopefully, it uses the subaru select protocol to get full speed sampling from the ecu.

Oh, and I'll quit hijacking this thread and start a new one in the interior area.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
^^
I don't believe it gets power from the OBD II plug but from a cig lighter (12v) source.

It works, at least on my 06. Another IWSTI member informed me that if you use the cig lighter to power the unit, when the intercooler sprayer in press the unit locks/freezes up. Just leave the 12v adapter in the freakin box, connect the orange quick connectors and mount it. How do you think the AccessPort get power? Oh ya, the OBD port.:lol:

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Interesting. i'll try it both ways and put it in the review.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts