IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've belonged to the dsmtuners webpage since I bought my 99 Eclipse GST. It was time to upgrade to the STI. These forums are a great way to upgrade the car while reading about everyone else's experiences. I just got the STI on Thursday, here's some pics. If anyone knows of someone looking for a 99 GST with 43,000 miles, let me know.[/img]

Attachments

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Very nice. Black sure is beautiful when it's clean.

You know, looking at the STi next to your old car, it definitely drives home the fact that we don't exactly have sleek little sports cars here... the STi (WRX in general) is pretty boxy looking. But you know what. I LOVE IT. I love the fact that it can spank a lot of sleeker and sexier looking sports cars. I like the fact that it occasionally gets laughs and points at the hood scoop and wing as the people who find it amusing have no clue that I could launch myself into the next century before they make it across the intersection. Okay, maybe not the next century. :D

The STi definitely has its own brand of goofy looking beauty that you either get or you don't. I love it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I couldn't agree more. The Eclipse got a lot of looks, but the STI gets a whole lot more respect. I wouldn't trade the STI's power and handling out of the box for anything, well almost anything. I might go for a Ferrari 360 Modena.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
who put the sticker on in the back door ? Im kidna liking it :) I wish I could see it in person.

Robert~

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
$30,480 with the security package. The dealership had the subaru stereo in it but I told them take it out. I already have a nice system I'll be transfering over with MB Quart components and JL 12W3 subs. For now, no music is killing me.

The stickers are from the dealership, they just say Subaru. There's a black Subaru sticker on each of the rear side windows. The back and side stickers are coming off, but I think I'm gonna leave the front one on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh I bought it from Langston Subaru in Murrysville, PA. They just got 2 blue and one silver one. I'm not sure on the wheel colors though. If you go there, make sure you ask for Jeff Testa. Awesome salesman, not pushy at all.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Nice rides! I had a highly modded 98 GS-T before my STi, so i'm a DSM convert too. I loved my Eclipse, but the FWD didn't work well with the mods, if you know what I mean! My Eclipse was considerably faster than the STi on a roll, but the STi will prevail from the start and in handling.

I see you got yours from Langson, I got mine from Kunkles in Delmont. The black one you got, was it the one with all the Langston Speed stickers plasered all over the doors? If so, I saw it a couple times driving past.

If you are looking to get rid of your GS-T, list it on the DSMtrader.com. I sold mine in 2 weeks this past March and had a lot of replies. Another plus, the ads are free!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Very nice, and congratulations. I've only had mine a couple weeks, but I don't think I'll regret going black. Looks badass. 8) I'm not sure how I feel about the sticker on the side, but it is unique that's for sure.

And yes, if you are looking to get rid of your GST advertise on DSMtrader.com. I sold my GSX in less than two weeks because they the ad I posted, and it was to someone less than 1 mile away in the same dinky town I live in!

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
New Summit Point Shenandoah Circuit

MaddockSTI said:
For now, no music is killing me.
Take the time to get used to the sound of your engine. My car is still in break-in mode and I just got my stereo in on Sunday. I find myself hitting the rev limiter (set at 4k for now) and being surprised now that I have music and don't concentrate on listening to the engine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts