IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Very clean indeed.

I am thinking about dropping a meth kit into my 15 sti too, just emailed my yesterday about it waiting to hear a call back today.

·
Registered
29 Posts
very nice! I want to go Meth vs E85 personally. I think there are a lot of advantages....
like having your stuff sent to you on amazon instead of rolling around to specific gas stations lol

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Do you mix your own boost juice? When I look at it from a "save my engine" perspective, honestly it seems like the added cost of the methanol over time would amount to thousands that could be spent on a rebuild instead. But e85 is not an option for me, so I like the idea of being able to get more hp/torque, especially in hot, humid summer weather. I already spoil the fun of the car running all seasons or snow tires half the year, then half the summer the car feels anemic because of all the heat. There really seems to be very mixed reviews on running meth injection though, even from people who really like it.

·
Registered
572 Posts
There shouldn't be any noticeable lag (or at all) even if the pump is mounted in the boot because there will always be fluid inside the tubing between the pump and the checkvalve/solenoid.

But you do get more pressure loss when mounting the pump in the boot vs if the pump is mounted closer to the jet(s). More pressure = more injection.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts