IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ahh yeah I am completely wired still, That was a lot of fun, have only done the track in the other direction once on motorcycle. Doing it in the Car was sweet, I ran the car 41F 37R I dont know if that is or not, felt pretty nice, some corners I wasnt taking all that well and wasn't being mister late breaker either, could have shaved a second off if I had my line down in one double 90Degree corner and work on later braking, Overall I am stoked can't wait to go out and play more.

My best time was 1:20:2

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
1:20:2 is certainly good for your first time. Fun, ain't it. :)

My best so far is a 1:19 with kamikaze coned down quite a bit. (Solo Trials) I can't wait till I get some R-Compounds on this thing, 1:17's or better here I come! :D

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what is the best time people have done with the STi out on 2nd Creek? And what do we do once the tires are gone? they seem to dissapear quite fast are cheaper tires as good as the RE070? I really like the feel of the RE070 on the track... Would an R-Compound tire last longer?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I have never been to that track, so I cannot give my time, sorry :(

But, as for tires, it is a tough choice for many of us. The R-compounds would hold the road better, hence you will probably get better track mileage out of them. But, you really cannot use them safely on the streets (DOT certification does not mean much in that regard). You either have to have two sets of wheels with different tire sets or settle with high-performance street compounds; like Michelin Pilot Sport, Pirelli Nero, Toyo T1-S, Bridgestone S03, etc. But if you track, expect those high-performance tires to go out within 3-4 events+street driving, dependent on your driving style.

Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts