IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new to the block. well first of all i just purchased an 04 sti. wanted an 05 but got a good deal off this 04. is there any difference in performance between the two? also what should i do and dont do to this sti. i know i got an aem short ram intake and a blow off valve. it came with the car. is it good or bad to have it? i know some people told me its good and some said its bad. i dont know but all i know is that its better than my honda civic that got stolen three times. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,608 Posts
Ditch the BOV. Not sure how the STi reacts to the AEM....

Get the Cobb Stage 1 and see how you like it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,137 Posts
welcome
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
DARKSTI said:
Get rid of the BOV asap, it saps the power of the car.

The RAI should be ok.

Congrats and Welcome!

Whats a RAI? I know i sound kinda dumb or somthing but i'm new at this so please dont mind me. still in the learning process
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Peleg said:
Ditch the BOV. Not sure how the STi reacts to the AEM....

Get the Cobb Stage 1 and see how you like it.
So what should i get if i ditch the BOV. I dont have a stock one. Help!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks alot guys!

im thankfull for all the post so far. Hopefully as the time progresses i'll learn more and with all u guys here to help. thanks alot!:tup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,160 Posts
sti_turbo413 said:
Whats a RAI? I know i sound kinda dumb or somthing but i'm new at this so please dont mind me. still in the learning process
You already wrote it--the poster just shortened it.

RAI = Ram Air Intake
 

·
Registered
2019 WRX
Joined
·
4,512 Posts
Welcome! Ditch the bov like everyone else already said. :tup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
524 Posts
The stock is a recirculating BOV, so if you replace the one you have with one that's like stock, then get one that's not venting to atmosphere.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
krees23 said:
The stock is a recirculating BOV, so if you replace the one you have with one that's like stock, then get one that's not venting to atmosphere.
thanks krees23...i'll look into it!!1:tup:
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top