IW STi Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
My condolences. It happened to me once too. I was in college then. I developed a certain aversion to auto pumps. It lasted for awhile.

S

·
0 Posts
4MLA1FN said:
amdmaxx said:
...go to subie dlr and get this fixed ASAP....
hmm. this hadn't crossed my mind; that it might the a subie problem or the way i put the nozzle in the tank. geez, i've been pumping my own gas for 22 years. it's hard to believe it was my fault. i will be more deliberate next time i fill up. if it happens again (or to others) then maybe it's a subie problem. egads, that would suck.
I doubt that there is anything wrong with the car. It was most likely the pump handle, but if it keeps happening at different stations, then...

·
Registered
886 Posts
wojo said:
My condolences. It happened to me once too. I was in college then. I developed a certain aversion to auto pumps. It lasted for awhile.
:lol: Nice.

But seriously, I don't like the sound of this. This problem seems like it is happening to quite a few of you, and I don't want to have to manually hold the pump every time I put gas in the car. I hope these are isolated incidents.

·
Registered
99 Posts
What state has this as a law? I've been to a dozen states, and don't remember seeing this posted.

jeffsti said:
If you make a claim against the gas station, you can bet their lawyers are just going to say it's your fault. In most states, it is illegal to pump gas and leave the scene, or even get back in your car. It is posted on every gas pump, so if you try to make a claim, you may end up with a ticket.

·
Registered
3 Posts
here's something....my dad got me into this habit....whenever you fill up...before you start pumping....put a wad of papertowel under/around the pump nozzle...they should have plenty at the squeegy(sp?) station...

hope it helps

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
I haven't had this happen yet, I check because I live in a state that won't let us pump our own gas ( :evil: :evil: :evil: ). So far so good.

·
Registered
260 Posts
This is the first car I've owned that has a decent sized tank that I can drive from WA to CA without filling up for gas in OR. :lol:

·
Registered
608 Posts
drewster said:
This is the first car I've owned that has a decent sized tank that I can drive from WA to CA without filling up for gas in OR. :lol:
Where are you going?? From Vancouver, WA to Hilt, CA? I find it had to get much more then 300-350 miles to a tank when on teh highway. Most cars I've had have done better but then they aren't as fun to drive!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I remember reading about bunch of pople having defective gas nozzles on their STi's...
I htought u were ctaching them also many months ago?
Came about the same time pinging issue came..

4MLA1FN said:
amdmaxx said:
...go to subie dlr and get this fixed ASAP....
hmm. this hadn't crossed my mind; that it might the a subie problem or the way i put the nozzle in the tank. geez, i've been pumping my own gas for 22 years. it's hard to believe it was my fault. i will be more deliberate next time i fill up. if it happens again (or to others) then maybe it's a subie problem. egads, that would suck.

·
Registered
260 Posts
RenoSTi said:
drewster said:
Where are you going?? From Vancouver, WA to Hilt, CA? I find it had to get much more then 300-350 miles to a tank when on teh highway. Most cars I've had have done better but then they aren't as fun to drive!
Actually it was I-5 northbound from Yreka to Vancouver, 335 miles according to streets & trips. :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I did my first fillup tonight. At first I was just going to put enough in to where I knew it wouldnt fill it completely, but then I decided that since we're in our rainy week here in San Diego and it was pouring I'd go ahead and find out weather or not my shutoff would work.... Gas pump clicked off like normal

-Uber

21 - 35 of 35 Posts