IW STi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who paid for your STi?

when it should have been to new jersey and back already. just spoke w/ the dealer, someone blew it and shipped the ecu ground instead of overnight. he has talked w/ the folks back east, and they say they can't pull a new one off the shelf because they won't know if it has had the update to end the detonation problem. does anyone know if that's true, or can they check it by trying to update it, and get a message that it already has the update, kind of like the message you get on your pc when you try to load a file that's already there?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Stock STi seats stretching

So, you are supposed to believe that SOA has a pile of ECU's lying around and no one there knows which version they are flashed with?
If that was the case, could they not reflash one of them the same way they flashed yours - and then they'd be sure?

·
Registered
542 Posts
hmmm.. interesting scenario. I hope all goes well with you ECU. Good luck.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
now i hear that the ecu's are not in the same state as SOA. they have ecu's in ca. and my service manager doesn't think it's worth it to have them send one when mine will be there "in a few days". hopefully the guys in new jersey can handle shipping mine back overnight...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts