IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally finished my sound system after 1-2 months of work/waiting and buying.

Here goes the specs:

Head Unit: Alpine CDA-9815
Front Speakers: Boston Acoustics 6.5 ProSeries
Rear Speakers: Boston Acoustics 5.25 NX 57 Series

Amps: (Subs) JLAudio 1000/1
(Spks) JLAudio 450/4

Subs: Two JLAudio 10inch W6V2's

-All enclosed in a custom box in my trunk built by my buddies at Myer-Emco.

Now here are some pics.

[edit]The subs are located behind the wall on the corners. This helps for security too since to remove the box/parts you gotta remove the back seat and go from that side. :)

They mounted some purple neons above the amps so they have a glow in the dark all triggered by the trunk release. I'll post up some of those pics tonight when it gets dark ;)

As far as my thoughts, this sound system kicks major ass. Pushing 150 watts to the front 6.5's and 100 to the rears the sound is amazing.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, both subs are enclosed in the custom box behind the walls. This helps for security too. You gotta take out the back seat to remove the stuff ;)

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
neat and simple, i like it alot!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Godspeed's STI with DR650 FMIC - Warning large pics

looks good man...clean...not over done. Did you dynomat the trunk or door panels? if not how is the sound? road noise making you have to turn it loud?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No Dynomat yet. I was having a rattle and I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. Turns out the spare tire cover and the jack bar just laying inside on the tire was making 90% of the rattle ;) The rest came from the plate which I dynomatted yesterday (took away that rattle), and the actual trunk. Stock the car comes with absolutely no barrier so dynomat is pretty much required on the trunk.

Overall the sound is really good. Inside you don't hear a single rattle. Once you get behind the car, you could but I fixed most of that with the cover/bar/plate.

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
The setup in my current car required the removal of the spare tire to fit the amp rack under plexi on the floor of the trunk. . . . I'm just wondering since you kept your spare intact, just how do you get to it short of taking out the backseat on the side of the road and start digging the system out? :eek:

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
NICE! :)

Good choice in HU and speakers too. :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yes props to myer emco. Any nova guys around, I can get you hooked up with the right guys.

·
Registered
983 Posts
hey guero, how come your badge is still missing? :roll:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts