IW STi Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Owned a new 2006 STI for 6 years for long distance drives to FL from New England for work until kids got drivers licenses and didn’t want them to get hurt and my insurance went up a lot, so I traded it on a 6spd Xterra.

Now kids are away and I grabbed a new 2020 Limited with wing delete and short throw shifter thinking they might change the STI soon and screw it up.

All 3 of my cars are sticks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Awesome man. I picked up my first STI ever about a month ago. 2020 Dark Metallic. Loving it so far

·
Premium Member
5,592 Posts
Congrats . . . :)

Reactions: Yankeexpress

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, really having fun blasting around in my new STI, have 5k miles on it in 3 months and haven’t gone over 200 miles from home yet due to Covid.

Below is my original ‘06 STI back in the day, on Blizzak snow tires. It was totally awesome in the snow, as long as there was enough ground clearance. Never got stuck or spun out and drove it thru a few blizzards to get out of the mountains to get to work in Florida.

Already have new Blizzaks mounted on new rims for the new STI, ready to install soon before the snow arrives.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does look classy with no wing in silver. Ive had WRXs but I am on my first STI. Picked up a 2020 CWP base. Came with short throw......plan on running stock till its dead.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does look classy with no wing in silver. Ive had WRXs but I am on my first STI. Picked up a 2020 CWP base. Came with short throw......plan on running stock till its dead.
Ran my original STI pretty much stock too, save for winter wheels and tires, as I need stealth to keep speeding tickets to a minimum as I run hard and fast on the freeways.

The Xterra has done 2 round trips cross-country to CA for work, and plenty of off-roading and snow in New England and Canada. It does the heavy lifting and boat towing. Big difference between the automatic and the stick versions.

3rd car is a 2012 5-speed Forester with a ton of miles on it. On its 2nd engine. Great in the snow and handy daily driver. Gonna get some new snow tires for it soon. My road is AWD only on snows in winter. Friends think they can get in here with all-season tires with AWD and I end up pulling them out of the woods when they go off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just took delivery of a pearl white 2020 STi Limited with low profile spoiler as well and looking for winter wheels (Michigan winter soon approaching). I was hoping to go with the 17" or 18" black STi OEM wheels, but are a bit pricey. Can I ask what you ended up getting? I will likely put Blizzaks on them as well. Thanks!

Thanks guys, really having fun blasting around in my new STI, have 5k miles on it in 3 months and haven’t gone over 200 miles from home yet due to Covid.

Below is my original ‘06 STI back in the day, on Blizzak snow tires. It was totally awesome in the snow, as long as there was enough ground clearance. Never got stuck or spun out and drove it thru a few blizzards to get out of the mountains to get to work in Florida.

Already have new Blizzaks mounted on new rims for the new STI, ready to install soon before the snow arrives.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
I just took delivery of a pearl white 2020 STi Limited with low profile spoiler as well and looking for winter wheels (Michigan winter soon approaching). I was hoping to go with the 17" or 18" black STi OEM wheels, but are a bit pricey. Can I ask what you ended up getting? I will likely put Blizzaks on them as well. Thanks!
I've got a wingless 2019 STI & live in SE Michigan. During the winters I run Pirelli Winter Sottozero Serie II on my oem 19' inch wheels. I am planning on getting them mounted next month.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've got a wingless 2019 STI & live in SE Michigan. During the winters I run Pirelli Winter Sottozero Serie II on my oem 19' inch wheels. I am planning on getting them mounted next month.
I've always run dedicated winter tires (currently blizzaks on the MDX), not performance winters on all my vehicles. Do you know how these compare? I have to get to work even in the worst of conditions but I also like to have some fun in the deep stuff too.

·
Premium Member
5,592 Posts
Ran my original STI pretty much stock too, save for winter wheels and tires,
Dont take this the wrong way, I am a Subaru fan, who expects to have a new and an old STI on the road as of tomomorw.

But, 2006 was 14 yrs sgo. At the time a STI was a fast car. Today simillarly priced everyday cars have as much power. Not trying to tell you what you want, except that STI platform is worthy of a full build that will vastly exceed anything SOA has offered. Even stock it is a capable car, just not more capable than everything youll run into.

as I need stealth to keep speeding tickets to a minimum as I run hard and fast on the freeways.
Your STI can be almost as stealth as it is now and be fast, very fast.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts