- ACT HDSS Clutch and Flywheel
- Kartboy Pitch Stop
- Kartboy Short Shifter
- TurnInConcepts Super Shift Set

Brakes:
- GReddy 330mm 6 pot Front Brake Upgrade
- Stainless Steel Braided Lines

Wheels & Tires:
- Enkei GTC-01 18x9.5 +38 (Rear Quarter Panels Rolled)
- TRUST Lightweight Lug Nuts
- Toyo Proxes R1R 265/35R18 Tires

Exterior:
- GReddy GRacer Front Lip
- Red tail light overlays
- Debadged
- 18% Visibility Tint
- STi Sport Grille - Post #23

Interior:
- Bride Brix II Seats
- GReddy Boost, Oil Press, Fuel Press 60mm Gauges
- GReddy Turbo Timer
- Innovate Air/Fuel Meter
- WC Lathe Works Shift Knob

--------------------------------------------------------

Story:

** I used to have a 2006 STi, here was the old journal: http://www.iwsti.com/forums/members-journals/66117-slowsti-rip-long-overdue-update-new-vehicle-inside.html

Purchased the 2008 on February 16th, 2008, Aspen White base model. I couldn't justify $2k on wheels and fog lights when I would probably replace those anyway. 7 days after purchase, I drove the vehicle to El Toro, CA for the GReddy Performance Festival, I had 720 break-in miles on it and I couldn't take it anymore, I autocrossed it. The following weekend after that I went to Spring Mountain Motorpark for a track day with roughly 1200 miles on it.

Impressions: The car has a LOT of potential. I never had a chance to track my 2006 STi stock, but the stock 08 is only 2 seconds off at a 60 second autocross and 10 seconds off at a 3.1 mile road course than my decently modded 2006. I'm pretty confident that with the same amount of mods, the 2008 will be significantly quicker than my 2006 was.

July 13th, 2008, I dropped the vehicle off to my contact at GReddy Performance in Irvine, CA, and they used the vehicle for product development. The vehicle was going to be in SEMA, but as you probably know, are struggling in the weak economy and decided to pull out and save the money. They finished the vehicle in time for the Red Bull Formula Drift event in Long Beach, CA on November 15th and 16th and the vehicle debuted. I took delivery of the vehicle the following weekend, Nov. 23rd, 2008.

Pictures:

Thanks to Chris Robinson @ Tilted Glass for the photos!

Videos:

- YouTube - 2008 STi with Harman Motive Turbo-Back Exhaust
- YouTube - Formula D Coverage
- YouTube - More Formula D Coverage
- YouTube - GReddy Spectrum Elite Exhaust Note for 08 STi

-Marcus

Attachments

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: My 2008 Aspen White STi - Now stage 2, with Brides

Wow, that is a good start to your '08. What size rims are you looking to run?
Haven't decided the exact size, as different manufacturers will offer different sizes and offsets. I want to run a 265 wide tire, lowered with only a moderate alignment, and minimal to no fender rolling.

From what it looks like, 18x9 +40 ish.

·
Registered
172 Posts

I'm abit curious as to why are there blue stickers on the car.. I'm thinking it might be used to protect the car from flying debris. Am I right?

<- newbie.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

It's just blue painter's tape. If a rock hits a headlight at 130MPH on the track, it's $600+ to replace. $2 tape could save it. Same with the fenders, doors and hood, just to save a few rock chips from Subaru's thin, soft paint. :)

·
Registered
260 Posts

I've been thinking of getting a TBE from Harman Motive but haven't really heard any feedback from anyone. How do you like it as far as power, sound, look, etc?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

I've been thinking of getting a TBE from Harman Motive but haven't really heard any feedback from anyone. How do you like it as far as power, sound, look, etc?
The only thing I really have to compare it to is my 06 STi with an Invidia TBE with a G200. The sound is quieter and power is about the same if not more. I don't have a track day yet with the new exhaust so I don't have times to compare, but the ass-dyno feels a nice linear improvement. Looks almost OEM, sound is conservative but amazing. I would highly recommend it :)

·
Registered
2,989 Posts

Looking good Marcus, you can always get the foglights later from someone that is selling them for cheap. I would of gotten the BBS' but that's me, I wanted to trade my 04 Gold BBS' but stuck with them :lol: Keep up the good work :tup:

-Gio

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Looking good Marcus, you can always get the foglights later from someone that is selling them for cheap. I would of gotten the BBS' but that's me, I wanted to trade my 04 Gold BBS' but stuck with them :lol: Keep up the good work :tup:

-Gio
I actually just need the fog light bezels so I can route some brake cooling ducts just like I had on m 2006. :lol:

I really like the gold BBS too, but for $2k more, I can pretty much get some Volks or Advans. I had originally had the paperwork done on a BBS package STi but changed my mind the day I went down to the dealer. I'm waiting for find some wheels in the size and offset I want.

·
Registered
24 Posts

Definitely nice to see the '08 on the track and nice mods!

·
I Solve Problems
18,254 Posts

do 18x9.5 +47mm RE30.

do it, you know you wanna.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

do 18x9.5 +47mm RE30.

do it, you know you wanna.
I would LOVE to, but I haven't seen anyone offering that size for sale yet. Everything I see in classifieds is for 18x9 +35.

Hook it up?? They have to be in gold and under $3000 too :lol:

1 - 20 of 65 Posts