IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on taking delivery of a new STi in the spring... can't do the 1000 break-in miles in the winter ! My local dealer has told me that if I order in late December 2003 I will have my STi in February 2004.... or if I order late January 2004 it will be delivered to me in March 2004.

Will I be getting a 2005 STi ? I have contacted Subaru for the answer; they could/would not answer me as to the new model year production schedule. I know that most auto manufacturers change in October.

When does Subaru start the new model year? I only imagine there will be little changes to the '05.

thanks for the input...

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
if they have 2004 STi's left you mean!!! i just read in that subaru magazine DRIVE that i'm sure all of us STi owners get, it stated that the run of 2004 STi's is limited to 3200. i think it said the same for 2005's. hope for a 2005. they'll be similar but probably with some refinements and hopefully a little more power, like maybe 310 horses instead of the more than adequate 300 we have now.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I wouldn't expect 2005 STi until September 2004...
and we probably won't see any horsepower gains or changes @ all..

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
yea , they'll just fix the bugs im sure (pinging situation).

Robert~

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
sounds about rite..
- definitely pinging fix
- definitely some minor bugs fixed (trunk, etc)

Big Maybe's:
- sunroof
- more color options
- more wheel options
- foglights
- radio option
- slight price increase

Doubtfuls
- more hp
- different wing
- different seats (JPN spec)

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm also going ot hold out for a 2005 model, so I'd like to know when we can start getting on "the list" and when the '05 will be ready for delivery.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
amdmaxx said:
sounds about rite..
- definitely pinging fix

Big Maybe's:
- sunroof
- more color options
- more wheel options
- foglights
- radio option
- slight price increase

Doubtfuls
- more hp
- different wing
Fogs are already an option. My foglights and covers are at my dealer now..they got there ahead of the car.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Porter (works at a Subie dealership) on NASIOC said that next year's imprezas usually arrive in May.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What would be a good time to put down a deposit for 2005? Any word from the dealership?

I got a good price on the 2004 from a dealer in MA, but I'm saving up for a 2005.

Thanks

Go Red Sox!

·
Registered
575 Posts
september sounds about right for a 2005, subaru always makes early year releases on changed models, but when the model cycle is normal as the 2005 will be I dont see why they would start flooding the market early with 2005 model cars.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
i put down $4000. not a deposit but i did have the option of doing a $1000 deposit, refundable. that was back in May. things have gotten crazy since then and if you look at some of the posts you'll read about some outrageous dealer markup. if you want an STi and have found a good price i would say look into buying and not just putting down a deposit to hold the car. there is a STi for sale at Stacy Subaru in Vermont that might be worth looking at. its in the showroom. thats where i bought mine and have been very happy with the service. don't forget subaru is only importing 3200 cars a year.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought a mazda protege from the dealership in 2001 (crap) when I was in college, I called up to ask about the 4 STI's that they have at the dealership. I bargined a bit and he gave me a price on a showroom blue/silver with no extras except wheel locks for $30,429 (he said it's in perfect condition). Said they wanted to keep me as a customer. This is a pretty good deal for what I've seen from other posts

I'm thinking about talking to him about the '05's and break it in over the summer, suffer through the New England winter.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
i'd go for it. the 2004's are going to be no worse than the 2005's. i paid $33000 and my car came with a bunch of options. i would've liked to get no options. but i got my car in June. i bought the first STi they got in. Blue/Silver. just buy the car man!!! you will not regret it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
amdmaxx said:
sounds about rite..
- definitely pinging fix

Big Maybe's:
- sunroof
- more color options
- more wheel options
- foglights
- radio option
- slight price increase

Doubtfuls
- more hp
- different wing
How about some friggin' floormats!!! --Sin52

·
Registered
759 Posts
GregsSTi said:
I'm planning on taking delivery of a new STi in the spring... can't do the 1000 break-in miles in the winter ! My local dealer has told me that if I order in late December 2003 I will have my STi in February 2004.... or if I order late January 2004 it will be delivered to me in March 2004.

Will I be getting a 2005 STi ?
No.

Have I missed an announcement on Subaru producing a 2005 USDM STi or is everyone assuming it is going to happen?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Everyone assuming...
I think it will happen.. They spend so much money on R&D of this vehicle, engine, assambly line, etc.. Why would they run it for 1 year, make minimal money and quit, if they can keep turning on the profit for years to come..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts