IW STi Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sleepy the Black Mamba...now with 100% more stealth mode. :)

'05 STi, wingless and lockless trunk, badgeless. The funny thing is I got more looks in it today than normal. People pointing. Ricers with their eyes glued. Weird. Some 30's year old looking black guy in a work truck gets my attention at a stoplight...

Him: Where's the wing at?
Me: I got rid of it. :p
Him: Ah...nice.

I guess I'm not fooling anyone. :p

I was thinking of selling this car, but I really like how it turned out so I'm going to try and hang onto it.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Looks good... although,

You could put some springs on it...

That fender gap is to much...

There are a few for sale in the Private For Sale Forum.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hawaii_guy said:
Looks good... although,

You could put some springs on it...

That fender gap is to much...

There are a few for sale in the Private For Sale Forum.
This is true. I'm just going to hold out until I can afford coilovers.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I must say I love the wingless look, but im a function over form kind of guy so I couldnt do it. I think if you had some coilovers and maybe a v-limited lip it would look even better. Looks great now though.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dos531 said:
I must say I love the wingless look, but im a function over form kind of guy so I couldnt do it. I think if you had some coilovers and maybe a v-limited lip it would look even better. Looks great now though.
Thanks for the comments. Coilovers are on my list as well as some black wheels (something lightweight). A front lip and maybe a Mine's rear lip spoiler are also a possibility.

pt518sti said:
Might as well get the blank grill as well.
2.5i? Is this a Subaru factory part?

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
looks very clean i think.... now all you need is to get a dark tint, lower it, and paint your rims black!

edit : lol im so stupid i didnt even see the tint ( i just looked at the first pic )

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JustinH said:
looks very clean i think.... now all you need is to get a dark tint, lower it, and paint your rims black!
The tint is 20%...I'm not going any darker. Thanks for the compliments.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Dos531 said:
I must say I love the wingless look, but im a function over form kind of guy so I couldnt do it.
is there another way to make downforce? would lowering the car and adding a front splitter help make the car stable at speed? i really like the look.

·
Registered
162 Posts
the trunk bugged me cause i couldent figure out why it looked so different. then my brain turned on, and i realized that there is no key ring. gives it a nice clean look.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts