IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
And it's finally mine. Luckily, just one job now. Picked her up yesterday morning at Irvine Subaru. I got there at 9:30 and drove off at 11:30. No haggling. I told them what I wanted, they ran my credit, and said ok. I'm coming from a crappy 96 Toyota Camry V6. Only option I got was Short Throw Shifter, I'm gonna get the Klickety Klick setup in about a month. Going to order JDM Pinks and hats this weekend. Don't know who to buy from though.

Sorry for the crappy garage pics. I haven't found a nice place to shoot yet. But I know having pics of your car in your posts in the MJ section is a requirement when you announce that you bought one. :) Debadging took a little over an hour. I recommend the blowdryer, thumb roll, goof off, wash, and wax method.

Anyone know any good place in Orange County to get clearbra? I never thought about getting clearbra because I had originally planned to get CGM.

Looking forward to meeting and seeing my South OC STi owners.

**Update**
8/13
Installed pinks and Group-N mounts front and rear from Racecomp. They are the best online vendor I've ever dealt with. Nothing but praise for them. Oh yeah, I got the V-limited lip from them too. The ride is so much improved with the pinks and mounts, and the handling. Drove to San Francisco and back a couple weeks ago and my girlfriend and roommate were raving about how much different the ride is. They both fell asleep for a while in the car. Taking the 101 home was another story, the drive is worth the 2 hours longer it took to get home. I felt like a rally driver in those turns, I don't think I amused the people I shared the road with though.

The lip is sweet and I do notice a teeny bit more downforce up front at speed. It isn't monumental but it is noticable. The ***** is that with this setup I clear the slope from my street to my garage by about 1/4 inch, it is a task indeed to pull into it.

Kenny @ Aerosim cleared my headlights and did a wonderful job. Have had them for like 3 weeks like that and have had no condensation or any issues whatsoever. Thanks again, Kenny.

Anyways, just saving up for ecutek and stealthback come October and then not touching it for a while (saving for GT30R in the summer). Welll....except for maybe trying to find Version VII seats. I am lusting for those.

UPDATE 1/2/06
Got protuned on Dec. 29th at Gruppe-S. Mike did a great job. She pulls soo nicely now. It is well worth the $195 for the Protune from Gruppe-S. Sorta bummed that I didn't break into the 20hp gain but the torque bump is really nice. The pics below of course are from the baseline run with my current mods (was running OFS Stage2 91 Oct. map, and results after Protune.)

UPDATE 3/13/06
Aaron (409industries) claybarred, polished, and waxed my car. It looks so great. The picture at the bottom was taken after it rained and it still looks great. Thanks Aaron!! Oh, and obviously I have the WRX wing now on the back.

UPDATE 6/10/07
New pics on page 2 from my fun time at a dry lake bed.

CURRENT MOD LIST

POWER
  • Cobb Accessport v.1 Stage 2 Protuned by Clark
  • TurboXS Stealthback TBE
  • Prodrive Oval Axleback
  • Prodrive Cold Air Intake
  • Prodrive Boost Control Solenoid
  • Gruppe-S UE header
  • ACT Streetlite Clutch and Lighter Flywheel
  • NGK Iridium One Step Colder Plugs
  • Walbro Fuel Pump
  • KOYORAD Aluminum Radiator
  • Samco Silacone Radiator Hoses
EXTERIOR
  • Prodrive GC-010G British Black 18x8.5
  • Prodrive Valve Stem Caps
  • Bridgestone RE01R 235/40/18
  • Chargespeed Type 1 Carbon Fiber Lip
  • Ureshi Carbon Fiber Window Spoiler
  • APR GT carbon fiber mirrors
  • Prodrive black mud flaps
  • Hella Supertones (Germany)

SUSPENSION/STOPPING
  • Prodrive RB320 Bilstein Struts
  • Prodrive RB320 Eibach Propietary to Bilstein Springs
  • Group-N Front Top Mounts
  • Cobb Front and Rear Sway Bars
  • Kartboy Rear Endlinks
  • Cusco Front Strut Tower Bar
  • Cusco 40mm Rear Strut Tower Bar
  • Stoptech Front & Rear Slotted Rotors
  • Project Mu Front & Rear Street Brake Pads
  • Stoptech SS brake lines
  • Motul RBF600 brake fluid

INTERIOR
  • STi Titanium Shift Knob
  • Kartboy Short Shifter with Kartboy Bushings and Linkage
  • Black STi embroidered floor mats
  • Defi Imperial Boost Gauge mounted in AC Vent (thanks to Lightwerkz for the gauge/bezel prep)
  • Defi Control Link Unit
  • JDM red hazard button
  • AndrewSS Quick-Fit Camera Mount
  • Schroth Quik-Fit Rallye Harness (Blue)
  • Prodrive British Black Oil Cap
  • Prodrive British Black Battery Tie-down
COMING SOON
  • Prodrive diff protector
  • Prodrive grill kit, painted black

·
Super Moderator
1,391 Posts
Congrats on the car! I`ll be gettin my OBP in a few days. I was going to buy from Irvine but Santa Monica wound up giving me a better deal. PM Roadblocker on this forum about the clear bra.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jamie I think I have seen your car around Edwards Stadium Aliso. Only other white STi I've seen around here is parked in front of Vans on Cabot. I am in Ladera Ranch.

Thanks GZA for the rec. I'll hit him up.

·
Registered
147 Posts
ThirSti,

Shouts for the LRG logo!! Good to see someone else supporting them.
Also nice car and goodluck wit it!!

Ease

·
Immoderate
5,702 Posts
VSGTS14 said:
man black is so shiny when it's clean
Word.

I fell in love with a black/gold STi on the dealer lot but I knew myself well enough :lol: to realize that it would only look that good for about a week after I bought it. It was CGM for me, easier to keep clean.

Congratulations on earning your reward. The cars are awesome! And yours is gorgeous.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey bid, thanks for the support. I am currently the warehouse manager at L-R-G and have worked there for 3 years now.

wdb, I told myself I'd never have a black car but when I fell in love with the black I stayed it love with it! :) Although, I know whenever I see a CGM, I'm gonna wonder "What if?" hehe.

·
Registered
373 Posts
hey bro just wondering....
how much u paid for the scooby...
is it new?? and if there's a loan bro..how much u pay a month for car and insurance...
sorry for the ?'s...but i'm following your steps as well...and hopefully i can get it sometime within months...i'm in NJ..not too far from you and the INS kills us here...but hopefully ur INS is lower than here :) :)
thanks

·
Registered
13,608 Posts
Sweet ride. Man that thing looks like a bad @$$ black puma ready to jump on its pray. Welcome to the Monster Sedan club. (AKA STi)

P.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
awdrev said:
hey bro just wondering....
how much u paid for the scooby...
is it new?? and if there's a loan bro..how much u pay a month for car and insurance...
sorry for the ?'s...but i'm following your steps as well...and hopefully i can get it sometime within months...i'm in NJ..not too far from you and the INS kills us here...but hopefully ur INS is lower than here :) :)
thanks
I paid before destination,tax title and license $31,000. That's not including the LOJACK that I added for insurance purposes. I'm sure in NJ your TTL will be different. I didn't have to haggle or anything. They threw in the ShortThrow. I should've asked for more. I got 3.9% financing for 60 months with a 692 credit score. I should've only gotten 4.9 but they said since I would've been over 700 if I didn't get my Subaru Mastercard so recently I woulda gotten 3.9% easy...which was pretty cool of them. I put $8300 down and have a monthly payment of $470 something.

I am gonna be 26 July 13 and through Farmers with ABS, good driver, Lojack discounts I am paying $820 for 6 months with liability/comp/collision at my agent's recommendations.

Hope that helps. You will be so happy once you get this thing. What's great for me is that there are 3 roundabouts in my neighborhood I have to go through to ge to the main streets!

·
Registered
373 Posts
that's a great deal actually bro..my case is a little different however....
i'll be 20 years old july 11th and my down payment will be around 10K or so....(hopefully)...my insurance will be cheaper as it will go under my parents but that's actually my main worry...i do school and work full time with a usual income of around 2K/monthly....i pay all my college tuition and books cash and have a credit score of around 685 last time i checked (2 weeks)....
i mean...it sounds like you did great honestly....however...MOST LIKELY i will go for a pre-owned one....a new one right now is not an option and i will def settle for an used one....as a matter of fact THERE'S A 04 STI WRB FOR 21.9K ON EBAY WITH AROUND 40K MILES....(NOT BAD IMHO)....
congrats dude!!
thanks for your info....
Art

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
congrats on the new car man! i also picked up my car from irvine subaru, but in white. <s>if you don't mind me asking, did the $31,000 before TTL that you mentioned include anything extra?</s>

*edit* noticed you already said you got the short throw shifter as your only option. good luck with the car man! :tup:

·
Registered
390 Posts
thirSTi, since you are asking about it, get the clearbra as soon as you can. It does wonders for chips on the front end. I realize nothing will protect against 100% of chips 100% of the time, but the clear bra is just about as good as it gets. If not, your front end will look like swiss cheese in no time. I havethe clear bra on mine and you can barely even tell it's there. It was the FIRST "mod" I did and it was worth every penny. We all know how thin Subaru paint is. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Thats beautiful man, congrats. I really wish they would have had a black STi on the lot when I got mine. It would have made for a much tougher choice.

Does Racecomp have the v-limited lips in stock now? Or did you order it a while ago?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts