1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, i would like to hit over 400hp one day

my question is,

utec vs. air flow converter and ebc

am i only missing ignition control? would that be necessary if i only intend to run the same octane all the time? would bigger injectors and turbo and fmic be possible with afc and ebc?

i doubt that i would ever change any internals, or run race gas, or competitively race ever.

though, i would like to be faster

also, along the same lines, will any of these turbo upgrades use our aftermarket downpipe?

thanks in advance :D

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Re: Dealer Paint Sealant?

rallybred said:
okay, i would like to hit over 400hp one day
whp or crank?

rallybred said:
my question is,

utec vs. air flow converter and ebc

am i only missing ignition control? would that be necessary if i only intend to run the same octane all the time? would bigger injectors and turbo and fmic be possible with afc and ebc?

i doubt that i would ever change any internals, or run race gas, or competitively race ever.
What do you mean by "air flow converter"? You mean like an oversized MAF housing? If you are going to change out injectors, turbo, and FMIC, than something like a UTEC is going to be a way better solution than a ebc and afc. You'd have to look at the afc itself to see what sort of fuel adjustments it allows.

rallybred said:
also, along the same lines, will any of these turbo upgrades use our aftermarket downpipe?

thanks in advance :D
You mean will any of the turbo upgrades use the stock downpipe?

-st

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SnoDrift

whp or crank?
not really placing limits, other than pump gas, factory internals

What do you mean by "air flow converter"? You mean like an oversized MAF housing? If you are going to change out injectors, turbo, and FMIC, than something like a UTEC is going to be a way better solution than a ebc and afc. You'd have to look at the afc itself to see what sort of fuel adjustments it allows.
i was thinking of apexi super afc, i dont see why i would need ignition control if i was always running pump gas and never needed to change maps.
are there other benefits to using utec?

yeah, there is talk of turbonetics and garrett upgrades, will the new turbo require another new downpipe? uppipe? turbo inlet hose?

thanks singletrack! :D

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
rallybred said:
whp or crank?
not really placing limits, other than pump gas, factory internals

i was thinking of apexi super afc, i dont see why i would need ignition control if i was always running pump gas and never needed to change maps.
are there other benefits to using utec?

yeah, there is talk of turbonetics and garrett upgrades, will the new turbo require another new downpipe? uppipe? turbo inlet hose?

thanks singletrack! :D
Honestly the coolest solutions that will be released, in my opinion anyway, are ECUTEK with a Delta Dash (already out) or the Cobb solution that allows you to tweak settings. The ECUTEK with the dash is really nice because you will be able to monitor everything. Of course the ECUTEK image needs to match your setup. UTEC can be customized to whatever setup you are currently running. But I really know little about any of them.

Duh - I never even realized the AFC stood for air flow converter. So will the stock ECM still retard/advance timing? I know you can do some monitoring, but it isn't very dynamic if things change.

Some of the turbo upgrades will bolt on while others will need a new up-pipe. Most change the downpipe anyway since they are going for more power. Inlet hose is also going to depend on the turbo. I hate to point people away from the site, but there has been a decent amount of people swapping turbos etc. on Nasioc. You might find more of what you are looking for there.

-st

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i am just wondering how far (horsepower) one could go with afc and ebc before lack of timing control would be an issue, would turbo and injector upgrade be possible?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts