IW STi Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last weekend my evo buddy introduced me to highway 1 up north near Mt. Tam, once i had my tein flex's in. what a blast. so this weekend i took a drive up there with a buddy and we took some pics of the car and found the road that they use for all the vw, mazda, subie commercials. including the most recent mazda one you may have seen where the bikers stop and one puts his ear too the ground and tell his friends a sports car is coming and it turns out to be their new cross over car and it blows around that uphill hairpin......oh what a turn.

cool lighting

parked my car near a cliff for some awesome pics.....teetering on the edge.....

that was fun trying to get the tires to make any sort of grip on the rocks...

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
man those teins dont droop much...

Looks like fun

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AndrewSS said:
man those teins dont droop much...

Looks like fun
yeah they dont, doesnt help with hotchkis sways in there too.

and windmill that is indeed the place. there are alot of roads out there that are fun.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sebtarta said:
I dont know but the Fairfax Bolinas RD LOOKS AWESOME!!! :tup:
if you ever see that commercial for the new mazda cx-7, that switchback the car takes is on that road. the road is really tight and there are some crazy switchbacks in there. i hit it downhill, plan to go up next time.....:naughty: ill post some vid eventually, my video camera exploded.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Nice pics man, looks like a lot of fun. Theres nothing like that around here.

·
Registered
109 Posts
those are some sweet roads. a few years back i would do the run alot and time myself. I cant remember what the road is called but when going from fairfax there is a smaller road that y's near the top and lets you out just a little north of stinson beach. no one takes that road because there are so many twisties on it...
let me know when you guys are up for another drive out here. Id love to do a run with you guys.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts