IW STi Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi does anyone know of a dealership in Oregon that is selling STI's for MSRP. I went to the Romania dealership in Eugene and says they are selling STI's for $5900 over MSRP and the reason they are selling them for that much is because people are paying it. Why?? :-?

·
Registered
478 Posts
A Ford / Subie dealership in Ontario will sell them for MSRP but they may never get one because I hear their Subaru sales are really really slow. If you're willing to drive across the state to Ontario, I'd drive the extra 30 miles to Caldwell Idaho and buy from Tom Scott Motors. $1000 down (fully refundable) and they will order your car. They are allocated another one (after mine, which is arriving July 28th :D !!!) that is not yet purchased. You can post me and I'll give you the name and number of the person I've been working with... he's been really great so far. Larry Miller Subaru/Mitsubishi in Boise, ID, will also order you one... they want more money down that is *not* refundable... and many people I know have had poor experiences with them (me included).

·
Registered
95 Posts
Or I'm sure you could buy one from Murley at MSRP, and he'll probably ship it out to you. You will have to PM him and ask. Or call him up.

Jason Murley
Lujack Subaru
Davenport, Iowa 52806
Iowa/Illinois Region
888-213-1862 X-236
563-445-2582 Direct

·
Registered
631 Posts
Thanks for the recomendations! It puts a smile on my face to see you guys backing me up!

And YES, I'd love to help with getting things arranged for your STi. There will be a wait almost ANYWHERE you go that is selling them, but that's pretty understood I think. Just let me know.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rally Germany!

Carter Subaru in Seattle (Shoreline) usually has a few extra STi in stock. I bought my STi from them @ MSRP - no markup or dealer crap. If you're serious about buying, call Joe Spitz to see what he has in stock: 206-769-7821. He's a real decent guy, and doesn't beat around the bush. If you want the car, he'll make it a very painless purchase.

Best of luck on your search!

James
'04 STi WR Blue/Gold

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,520 Posts
I concur. . . I was just there TODAY, and Carter is selling their STi's at not a penny over MSRP. They pride themselves on that, and for good reason. I was told that Chaplain's (in Bellevue) is padding their MSRP quite a bit. :x

·
Registered
44 Posts
Stay away from Carr in Beaverton, $8000 over msrp. The Dalles dealer will sell for msrp, blue in stock.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just talked to Joe at Carter is Seattle today. They do sell the STi at MSRP and they had two in stock (white & blue). Joe said to ask for him and bypass the salesmen. Good luck.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just got my Blue/Silver STi from Joe at carter subaru on Sunday.

It was definitly MSRP and he hooked me up with a pretty good discount on the extended waranty.

I didn't see any other STi's there other than the Owners Silver one but I could be wrong. They seem to get new ones in more than most places though.

Some of the dealears around portland are marked up a little but I havn't found any in oregon for MSRP. So i made the 5-6 hour drive to Seattle and Joe made it very easy to buy the car there was no BS at all just this is what it costs this is what you do.. and its done.

Now just trying to follow the break in rules, its kind of hard :) I think I raced and accellerated fast a number of times but kept it under 4k rpms.

·
Registered
368 Posts
You can go to Carter and talk with Joe as everyone has mentioned above. I also know that Chaplins has three in stock right now and will let them go for MSRP. They are asking $2000 over but just push a little bit. If you come up and get let me know if you need a clear bra done while you are here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts