IW STi Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
retired mod
Joined
·
4,012 Posts
I dont know how simular this is to a product i used all the time back in aust... well the one back home was sprayed like the this one but it was done by a machine at a automatic car wash called "car lovers" I never had any probs with it damaging any of the cars i took throu it... left the car looking reasonable, still not as good as drying it yourself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,489 Posts
SnowbordrWRX said:
Anyone use this stuff? Personally I'd be wary of leaving any kind of cleaner residue on my car as I'd think it would concentrate when it dried and probably damage the clearcoat

http://www.homemadesimple.com/mrcleanautodry/
I heard very good things about it on Audiworld from a well known detailer. It's on my list o things to buy, the list is just too long right now : )

-st
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,489 Posts
2MCHPSI said:
Wouldn't this be a good investment just for the water purifier in it? Even if you didn't use the concentrate, purifing the water being used has to help eliminate hard water spots, right?
Yes.

-st
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Used it for the first time today and to my surprise it worked really well. If you use Zaino wax however it does not work. I Zaino'd my front bumper yesterday, and when I washed it today it just beaded with the Mr Clean Auto Dry. Every other spot on the car came out great! I was really shocked. If your whole car is Zaino'd I wouldn't recommend it. Also the water pressure isn't that great, but overall a great buy for 20 bucks. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
759 Posts
XtOrT said:
Used it for the first time today and to my surprise it worked really well. If you use Zaino wax however it does not work. I Zaino'd my front bumper yesterday, and when I washed it today it just beaded with the Mr Clean Auto Dry.
Thanks for the heads up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,489 Posts
XtOrT said:
Used it for the first time today and to my surprise it worked really well. If you use Zaino wax however it does not work. I Zaino'd my front bumper yesterday, and when I washed it today it just beaded with the Mr Clean Auto Dry. Every other spot on the car came out great! I was really shocked. If your whole car is Zaino'd I wouldn't recommend it. Also the water pressure isn't that great, but overall a great buy for 20 bucks. :D
I've never used Zaino, but most waxes are the same in that they bead intensely when first applied. I would expect it to get better over time. The other thing to keep in mind, is to use the thickest stream possible to make sure all the water runs off the car instead of spraying it. Is the nozzle adjustable so you can output a ton of water?

-st
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
No it is not adjustable, the final spray is like a light misting. You need to hold it about 1-2 feet away to hit the car. I held a good close stream on the bumper and no luck just kept sticking and beading. I'll let ya know next time I wash it, if it is any different. Now if I could find a better way to clean those damn wheels! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,489 Posts
XtOrT said:
No it is not adjustable, the final spray is like a light misting. You need to hold it about 1-2 feet away to hit the car. I held a good close stream on the bumper and no luck just kept sticking and beading. I'll let ya know next time I wash it, if it is any different. Now if I could find a better way to clean those damn wheels! :lol:
Hmmm..that does suck (not being adjustable). Those wheels are a nightmare, I just use a regular car sponge and it takes forever! The solution for me is going to be a refinishing (black or gunmetal - something dark) so you can't see the brake dust : )

-st
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
...newest observation...

I washed my car the "normal" way yesterday. I use nothing but microfiber clothes. When I went to dry the car, the towel stuck to the paint like I was trying to dry sandpaper. I dont like that feeling at all.

I wound up washing the car again, then doin' the meguiars 3 step. no more sticky surface.

All in all I think this is a good time saver for the "average car" but I'll never use it again on my black jewel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,489 Posts
4kornrz said:
...newest observation...

I washed my car the "normal" way yesterday. I use nothing but microfiber clothes. When I went to dry the car, the towel stuck to the paint like I was trying to dry sandpaper. I dont like that feeling at all.

I wound up washing the car again, then doin' the meguiars 3 step. no more sticky surface.

All in all I think this is a good time saver for the "average car" but I'll never use it again on my black jewel.
It does use polymers or something in the solution. The question is, if they stay on the car, is it really damaging to the paint at all?

-st
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,802 Posts
It does use polymers or something in the solution. The question is, if they stay on the car, is it really damaging to the paint at all?
That is what I have been wondering... OR will it affect the application of wax.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
It has not seemed to affect the wax or it's application.

I don't think the polymers themselves will damage the car, but, try and drag a mf towel over the surface one time and you'll never do it again. It feels terrible. It feels like trying to polish 600 grit sandpaper.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top