IW STi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am think of moving to San Jose for a job. I am 50 years old and drive a very modified STI. there is no way I can put it back to stock. my 1st quote was for 3 to 5K, I do not even have an oem gauge cluster. I detroit area I can drive it on the street. This is a 100% track car. but I do like to drive it to car shows and cars and coffee's. So I have 3 options.
1 Sell the STI tell the company I need more money in the sign on bonus enough to cover an ATS V.
2 Has anyone ever tried to get a SB100. Go after a SB100 that is no longer stock it is more of a kit car.
3 Buy a trailer and tow it to race tracks only.

Am I am missing an options.

·
lurking Subaru whore
826 Posts
Do number 3. This area will sometimes have CHP mobile smog stations/checkpoints setup to coerce you into taking a smog test (which BTW is unconstitutional and you have every right to decline).

It's a bit of a hassle to drive vehicles that are smog noncompliant here, but there are people that still drive around. Just be aware law enforcement here tends to take emissions and car mods seriously compared to the rest of the country. I would go as far to say this area, the South Bay, is the absolute worst place to own a modified vehicle.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do number 3. This area will sometimes have CHP mobile smog stations/checkpoints setup to coerce you into taking a smog test (which BTW is unconstitutional and you have every right to decline).

It's a bit of a hassle to drive vehicles that are smog noncompliant here, but there are people that still drive around. Just be aware law enforcement here tends to take emissions and car mods seriously compared to the rest of the country. I would go as far to say this area, the South Bay, is the absolute worst place to own a modified vehicle.
wow that does not look very good.
I wish I could this SB100

But I do love this car ATS-V

·
Registered
111 Posts
It's Cali. You can pay a shop to pass smog for you. Plus the new method for smog is all computer. No sniffer. Just as long as no check engine light it will pass that part and second is visual so slip dude some extra. I mean find a place that'll do it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts