IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I saw a white one near Whisman and 237. Haven't seen any others though.

There must be more of us right?

I did see a black Evo driving down Whisman by Middlefield.

Anyone else around?

Steve

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
$29,484

Another silver/silver here in Menlo Park. I work on Middlefield. I haven't seen another STi for about 2 months now... getting lonely. :lol:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Can I still be a part of the M.V/Sunnyvale area post?? I use to live off Benardo/El Camino. Man, I miss the Bay Area.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Best Rally Racing Game that features the STI for XBOX

not exactly in the Mountain View/Sunnyvale/Palo Alto neighborhoods, but I work in Foster City, and have been told there is a JBP STi around near me but I have yet to see it...

guess it's the price to pay for our car's exclusivity :eek:

I do see alot of G35s and 350Zs :roll:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's still surprising how few of us are out there. But I'm happy with that. The less mainstream the better.

A WBP and I swapped looks as we passed one another me going north on 85 and he south. *chuckle* didn't even have time to wave.

I'm also curious as to the percentage of all STi owners that exist that might frequent this list. 10%? 50%?

It's cool to hear you are all out there.

I suppose given where we live and our work/lifestyles, we probably don't get on the road as much as we would like, but I got mine on the 21st of December and I've got about 2,500 miles on it now, which is a fair bit.

Give a wave if you ever see me rolling through, and I'll do likewise.

You can tell it's me since I think I'm the only silver/silver around here with the hood protector across the front. :)

Yea, lots of G35s/350Zs and actually, lots of M3s now too.

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
FREMONT SILVER ON SILVER JUST REMOVED THE SILENCER

LIKE IT ALOT !

GT

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
As soon as I get my car (March) I'd like to meet some people around the Bay.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you guys get a chance, check out my other post on the California Forum about my first track experience and Thunderhill. It was really fun. Only sad part was that I was the only STi out there. Would really be great to see more of us out there. There are a lot of events for Laguna Seca and Sears Point, etc. Look for 'em.

It was a blast. but you can read the entire report here: http://www.imprezawrxsti.com/postnuke/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=6567

-Steve

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
What are some tracks up in NoCal? Length, level of difficulty, and comments?

I read the Thunderhill review with the STI, but now I am curious about tracks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
condenser and lower air dam screens check it out

Gilroy White/Gold here.

I picked up mine Oct. 1st and have 10k on it already!
I put on 80-90 miles a day, and have seen only a silver STI near Lawrence/280. We flashed lights as he passed me.

cya round

DRIVE IT LIKE A RENTAL!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nivek-CA

I've been looking at some of the other tracks to figure out which ones to go on.

Here in Norcal, apart from T.Hill we also have Laguna Seca and Sear's Point (Infineon Raceway).

I've been told by several experienced racers that they choose not to go to Sear's Point because of one turn that is all wall and doesn't suffer mistakes by drivers.

I do intend to do Laguna when the next open event takes place and Sear's Point after I get a few more events under my belt.

We'll see how I do.

Steve

·
Registered
31 Posts
Black on silver here in the south bay. Friends have a Silver/Silver, and Blue/Silver Sti who commute same route I do every morning. We are actually prepping for OTC right now and have been doing alot of track days lately. Anyone have any of their recent times for Thunderhill, Sears Point etc?? We are trying to see what everyone is running out there since we have not had any timed laps yet and are in the middle of prepping the car.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
shanenlorenz said:
Black on silver here in the south bay. Friends have a Silver/Silver, and Blue/Silver Sti who commute same route I do every morning. We are actually prepping for OTC right now and have been doing alot of track days lately. Anyone have any of their recent times for Thunderhill, Sears Point etc?? We are trying to see what everyone is running out there since we have not had any timed laps yet and are in the middle of prepping the car.
I checked the website, there are great pictures there and great stories, folks should check it out :).

I'm really looking forward to heading up to Thunderhill again, as well as hitting Laguna and Sear's. If you follow my other link and read my Thunderhill report you'll find more info on my first track experience.

I'm not sure how well I did for a track newbie in a stock STi. There are clearly places I could improve on, including braking later AND HARDER in my turns particularly on 14/15 coming back on the front straight and on the back side of 8 (I think it is) leading into the chicane and back straight.

Anyway, I felt good with my 2:15. I think the best times were 1.58 or something by an Ultima(sp?) and supercharged/gutted S2000.

Please let me know what times you all were able to put together. I'm assuming your running stock. I'd like to learn where I could pick up a few seconds here and there.

The fact that you have 3 friends all with STi's is really awesome :) The EVO's outnumbered me terribly that day, though they were all cool guys.

Definitely, looking forward to my next track day.

Steve

·
Registered
31 Posts
Unfortunantly we did not get any of our times either day. One of the reasons I have been trying to ask around what others have been doing. Plus the last few times we went were the SCCA schools and they had chicanes setup at 1/3/8 so it sort of skews any times we would have had too.

We are going to try to make it out to a bunch more track days before the first event for OTC ( http://www.opentrackchallenge.com/ ) to shake down and test the car. I will try to keep everyone posted on what events we may be attending so everyone can come out and play.

·
Registered
48 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Actually, I might head down there. I'll let you know if I do.

I was planning on slipping into the NASA event at Thunderhill this weekend, but I'm not sure if the weather will be good.

I just got my helmet and gear so I'm itching to get in the car again :).

This tracking business is a REALLY expensive itch.

Steve

1 - 20 of 29 Posts