IW STi Forum banner

61 - 80 of 267 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Re: Mother's 2010 AW SE, ATP3076 is installed! Tune this Saturday by STI Mikey!

They don't have silicone at Autozone. Just regular rubber and it won't stretch over the ATP nipple coming out of the silicone coupler.

The problem is the barbs on the grimmspeed bcs are so much smaller so I need to stick with a size that fits secure on them. I'm not really too worried about it. When I find some black I'll pick it up, but I'm not gonna go out of my way.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts

They have different size rubber ones, but if you really want silicone, I understand.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #63

Installed my Defi Racer boost and oil pressure gauges today along with the SM clustermaker gauge cluster. :tup:

Tune is tomorrow morning!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts

Good luck with the tune tomorrow. Don't forget to post the Dyno plot. :)

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #66

Thanks man. I may pick some up from there.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
You're welcome man. They have the best prices I've seen on silicone couplers and t bolt clamps. Replaced the worm clamps I had when they ate through the turbo outlet elbow.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #68

363 hp, 385 ft lbs.

I'll post the dyno graph later on.

·
Registered
246 Posts

Congrats! Get familiar with that new found power. It'll take you by surprise, especially from take-off ;)

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Re: Mother's 2010 AW SE, ATP3076: 363 whp, 385 ft-lb tq

Thanks guys.

Bill, I'll give you a ride next time I make it out to a meet.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts

Hmmm, why is your dyno graph look not smooth? What gas? How many PSi? That info helps alittle, nice car!:tup:

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #76

20.5 psi on 93.

I'm not sure about it not looking smooth... I see some dyno graphs that do and some that don't, so I assume it has to do with the "smoothing" setting up in the corner.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #78

Honestly, I was expecting the HP to be a little higher, since there's guys out there with this turbo pushing 390+.

He kept the timing pretty safe though, so it should be good for longevity.

So it's all good... fast and loud

If and when I go ahead and put a built shortblock in the car, then I'll shoot for 400+ on 93 and shouldn't have any problem getting there.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts

I know the shop that did all my work, they have a built motor with 91 and meth on mustang dyno the car hit almost 400whp with ATP 3076. That turbo is to laggy for my likes. Great stock location turbo!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #80 (Edited)

So I've noticed everything seems to get pretty hot in my engine compartment after I've been driving hard. I expect it to to a point, but I want to try and control it as much as possible.

So, today I went ahead and pulled the rubber flaps out from behind the side vents today so they will actually be functional. I'll decide later if I want to enlarge the holes at all.

I also want to block off the hood scoop, because from what I've read when you go FMIC the scoop can create pressure in the engine compartment, making it harder for air to move through the intercooler and radiator.

I understand Crawford is supposed to have a block off, but they can't tell me just when it will be available, just that they are out of them right now.

So I decided to go ahead and order a Grillcraft grill for the scoop, and I plan on finding a way to incorporate a block off behind the grill, so it still looks functional at first glance.

61 - 80 of 267 Posts