IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, who here has the most mileage so far on thier USDM/CDM STi, and when did you get it?

Me: 3050 Miles, May 30th, 55 days old, 55.45 Miles per day average...
My Dad's: 1400 Miles, May 30th, 55 Days old, 25.45 Miles Per Day average (and I have driven it about 800 of that 1400!!) :)

:D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Although I did not get the STi cause of some issues here with dealer and because of financial dificulties I got the next best thing a WRX 2004. Everyone askes if it is an STi because it has the same scoop and it is the new model. Nevertheless I have been a member of the forum since early in the year. Nonetheless I have 1800 mile and the car and it is 30 days old. 100 miles the first day. :p

·
Registered
614 Posts
I have had my STi for 10 days and will hit the 1k mark on my commute home. It's making me SICK to be sitting here in work - today in particular!

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
I got mine May 20th and have about 3500 miles on it. I did not drive it much the first month but now it is my daily driver and if I go to a wedding I am suppose to this weekend I will have another 600-700 miles. BTW, my daily commute now is roughly 70 miles round trip. Hopefully that will change in the next 6 months to about 5.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Just wondering...

MKIVSupra said:
Hopefully that will change in the next 6 months to about 5.
:eek: are you crazy!? after i got mine, i joked with friends that i need to start looking for a job with a *longer* commute...like in philly. i live in virginia; ~160miles one way. :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
got mine June 28th and as of last nightI had 1415 miles on it. One of the good/bad things about being a NYer....no drive into work.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Picked it up on 7/8. Have 218 miles on it now. I take the bus to work everyday, so it's going to be an extremely long 1000 miles.

·
Registered
311 Posts
imminence said:
Picked it up on 7/8. Have 218 miles on it now. I take the bus to work everyday, so it's going to be an extremely long 1000 miles.
Let me get this straight... You have a STi, and.... you take the BUS... Unless theres a major shortage opf parking space or free time after work, im afraid you will have to hand over your keys :wink:

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
4MLA1FN said:
MKIVSupra said:
Hopefully that will change in the next 6 months to about 5.
:eek: are you crazy!? after i got mine, i joked with friends that i need to start looking for a job with a *longer* commute...like in philly. i live in virginia; ~160miles one way. :)
It's not the distance I hate it's the time it takes. Try driving 2 - 3 hours a day, depending on weather, just to get to work and back and see how much time you are left with in the day to do what you want.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sha_zapple said:
imminence said:
Let me get this straight... You have a STi, and.... you take the BUS... Unless theres a major shortage opf parking space or free time after work, im afraid you will have to hand over your keys :wink:
Yeah, parking around where I work really sucks. The cheapest parking lot costs $8 a day. :eek: I decided that saving the $8 a day for parking towards mods is a much wiser choice. Especially since I have a transit pass that only runs me $5 a month. :lol:

·
Registered
857 Posts
imminence said:
Yeah, parking around where I work really sucks. The cheapest parking lot costs $8 a day. :eek: I decided that saving the $8 a day for parking towards mods is a much wiser choice. Especially since I have a transit pass that only runs me $5 a month. :lol:
yes, it does suck if you work in downtown... i had to go to a conference 3 weeks ago. downtown portland.

good thing was i drove i STi 700 miles each way... anyways, $8.50 a day parking. damn... i hate downtowns...

where i work, we have to pay $32 per quarter (3 months). and i thought that sucked...

·
Registered
347 Posts
This all makes me happy to live in the midwest. On my drive to work it is rare to see a car with more than one person in it. Buses (our only form of mass transit around here) are only run to the lower income parts of town. I pay $25 per month to park in a huge parking garage that is only at 30% capacity, and literally 50% of the structures downtown are parking garages (there are three more within 5 blocks of my building being built right now). We may be destroying the environment, but we love our cars!

Back on topic, I got my car 7/3, and I currently have 1787 miles. That's an average of 81.2 miles per day -- not bad considering my commute it 30.0 miles (round trip), the STi is not my daily driver, and I have been out of town (and unable to drive the car) 5 of the 22 days I've had the car.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
book: "car crashes and other sad stories"

which begs the question: you've had the car for 21 days; been able to drive it for only 16; lets say 14 of those are work days = 420miles. where did the other 1400 miles come from? perhaps there were already 1400 on it when you bought it? :D

·
Registered
347 Posts
7 when I got it -- forgot to factor that into the average. I was excited about getting it broken-in, so I drove around pretty much non-stop the first few days. The hardest part was deciding where to drive. At first, I just drove laps around town, then I started doing errands for everyone in the neighborhood. I went to the grocery store three times this evening, then had to go exchange propane tanks for the grill. There are a few places I have driven that I have put on my list of things not to do anymore in the STi, such as picking up lumber at Home Depot, hauling yard waste to a compost pile, and that thing with the propane tank (there was grease all over the empty one).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mine is 20 days old today picked it up July 5th and has 2100 miles. OHHHHH YA I LIKE TO DRIVE IT :p . Little over 100 miles per day avg., and I don't even drive it every day!!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts