IW STi Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Subaru's and many other turbo charged cars expel excess crankcase vapors, residual oil and moisture. In turn these things are vented back into the intercooler, intake manifold, and crankcase ventilation system. Over time, this will coat the pistons and everything else with a detonation prone layer of oil.

Moroso has come up with a 2 tank system that allows the factory crankcase ventilation to operate how it was designed. Though other single catch can systems may help they will not eliminate the vapors. The Moroso system is one of a kind and will trap the oils and vapor created in your engine. This is the only system on the market that separates more than just oil, isolates the two systems and doesn't recirculate and of this gunk or moisture back into your block.

So we have the Moroso Catch Cans. What we are going to do is give you a the chance to get the catch cans/AOS we all should have but a bit custom.

All kits will be powder coated. Here is an example from our car. Wrinkle black bracket and wrinkle red cans.

Any color combo you want. Free powder coating on every kit

85510 - 2008+ Sti Large Body - $365 Shipped
85489 - 2008+ WRX Large Body - $365 Shipped
85484 - 2006-2007 WRX & 2004-2007 STi - $365 Shipped

Tax added to customers with delivery addresses in PA.

Price includes powder coating color of your choice. Price includes shipping within continental US. Alaska, Hawaii and International is extra. Please PM s for a quote.

We need 10 people minimum. We will run the group buy for 4 weeks, ending on February 14, 2014 at 12 noon. Awesome valentines gift. As soon as we hit 10 we will send out invoices and take payment and start your order. We can take more then 10 and orders will be processed immediately but all submissions end on the day noted above

Thanks everyone

1.) sumguy22 (85510)
2.) boatsnhos (85510)
3.) MELLO (85510)
4.) AVonX (85510)(Routing Upgrade Kit)
5.) ildknyli (85510)(Routing Upgrade Kit)
6.)
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)

1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 85510 is the dual set up right?

You are correct. They are actually all dual setups. The one in the picture is the 85510 which is on our shop 2013 STi which is the 85510.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got a chance to see the goo in the intake first hand yesterday when I installed a new pitch stop mount. I'm definitly interested in this!

1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well everyone. If you weren't convinced on catch cans. Here you go.

Ok so the car sat for about 50 days with an intermittent start here and there so I'm sure the lines gunned up and some of this is from that. This is though 3 days of driving. Boost only to 9psi at most maybe one or two times. Rest was highway driving. About 170 miles total.

Catch cans don't just catch oil. They catch moisture. Especially like it is now and it's been 30 and below for these three days.

Black plastic is PCV can. Cup is manifold can(significantly less gunk)

image.jpg

1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I was torn between these and the crawford unit but now that i know how they are both routed this seems more logical for a dd to me. I like how these keep the original pcv system in tact. Im in

1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was torn between these and the crawford unit but now that i know how they are both routed this seems more logical for a dd to me. I like how these keep the original pcv system in tact. Im in

You have been added. Thank you sir.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.