IW STi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm taking my car in to the dealer tomorrow to have the reflash done because I have a pinger in warm weather ( :cry: ). I have a few other questions to ask them about crazy noises, but I though I'd ask here first.

1) When my turbo spools up (between 0 and ~7psi) it sounds fluttery. It's almost like soft pinging. That's the only way I can describe it. Is this valve noise? Has anyone else noticed this?

2) My fuel pump whine is LOUD and very ear piercing. If I start my car in the garage the noise is very annoying. I can easily hear it inside the car when idling. I have the luxury of comparing it to two other STi's and my fuel pump noise is at least three times as loud as theirs. Is this something to worry about? It really doesn't sound right to me.

Does anyone have any thoughts on these (or just tell me "stop being an idiot... that's the way it's supposed to sound")

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
if u have heard two other STi's not sounded like yours then id say there is something wrong, whether or not it is more then noise i dont know, but get them to look at it... i have no answer for number 1 thou, sorry.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Well I don't know about the 'turbo noise' but my fuel pump is completely silent..........zero....zip.........nada...........I think you got a problem......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts