IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No Pinging for the latest STI

My apologies to all the purists.

I wasn't ready to totally de-wing so the obvious step was to shorten the top element. There was a little cutting and a lot of fiberglass work. The top portion was extended about 3 inches in order to match with the lower portion. Included are a few pics during the fitting stage. There is some more work to be done before painting.

Dan

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Not too bad, I still think all or nothing is the way to go though. Actually I think I like the WRX wing better than that. Is visibility any worse or better?

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
Hmmm. . . honestly, not bad. Although it just seems silly to even have the wing that low and still be so big. But, with all the holes that taking off the stock wing would leave behind, we're not left with many options short of swapping trunks with someone.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I like it, but I am still hoping for that carbon fiber version in the pic that was floating around here from the Japan autoshow.

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
eh...that's so-so to me. I dunno, I guess the stock wing/height is growing on me ;)

·
Registered
983 Posts
Wing standard or optional in future models Poll

i'm too used to my stock wing already, but yours doesn't look bad at all. :wink:

·
Registered
80 Posts
What's the point of the top element if it is that low? IMO if you're going to lower the top element you might as well lose it. Maybe you can try getting rid of the top element and trimming the horns of the lower element to a more pleasant shape.

M

·
0 Posts
I'd like to see some bigger photos and maybe the whole car from a side and front/side perspective after it's painted.

Nice work, did you do it yourself or take it to a shop?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mistkerl said:
I'd like to see some bigger photos and maybe the whole car from a side and front/side perspective after it's painted.

Nice work, did you do it yourself or take it to a shop?

I will post the finished project as soon as I can find time to shoot. I must say I'm very pleased with the results. I worked with a body shop.

Maybe you can try getting rid of the top element and trimming the horns of the lower element to a more pleasant shape.
This was also my first choice, but after some extensive photoshop studies, the most aesthetically pleasing adjustment (IMO) was to reduce the height of the top element.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
So when does mass production start? Put me on the list for the first group buy.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
montf1 said:
How much did it cost?
The body shop underestimated how long it would take to alter my wing. They really gave me a pretty reasonable upfront quote and at the end still honored it. I don't like talking about money over a public forum when it comes to quoted work, so PM me if you really want more details.

And thanks for all the positive comments.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts